Tie rod. I need the Wrench size...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tie rod. I need the Wrench size...

Well i replaced the bad tie rod on my car and i want to replace my other side. I use a friends tools and I want to go buy the wright wrench or whatever so i can do it when i lower my car.

It's eaither a 17mm or 19mm i think

I need someone to confirm this please

Thanks

ttt

Comment

can't confirm but it'll more than likely be a 17mm, just about all the suspension bolts are 17mm. I wanted to ask what the symptoms were for the bad tie rod? Certain sounds and such?
      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Yes, just changed my ball joints/dust boots and the bolt is 17mm
        www.StreetLightz.com

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
          can't confirm but it'll more than likely be a 17mm, just about all the suspension bolts are 17mm. I wanted to ask what the symptoms were for the bad tie rod? Certain sounds and such?

Here is how to tell if it is bad. Get out hold the tire with 2 hands and move it back and forth. It it move's or u hear it clicking etc then its bad. and trust me you can tell. Also if the boot is cut etc that's also bad. Don't use a pry fork with that.

When i did the drivers side bad one the whole joint fell out after i like bashed it with a hammer a few times. So if there bad replace them ASAP or you might loose control and smash your car.

Also when you do them make sure you mark where the nut was so you can get it back to the same spot until you get it aligned. it will be off but it will be better then really f'ed up camber

Ill make a DIY this weekend.

and thanks!

Comment

you should really invest in a tool set...

all i have for tools is a craftsmen set from Sears. iv been able to every job with just that socket/ratchet set. it was only like $100

ask for some for christmas or something

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

II already have it. I have the 80 peice socket set. and a few wrenches that's about it

Also have Jack, ramps, lights, etc I want an air compressor so i can get air tools.

=)

Comment

And you dont have a 17 or 19mm socket or wrench?

Comment

Originally posted by RustBucket93
                  And you dont have a 17 or 19mm socket or wrench?

I have sockets that's not what i need. I need something to get the tie rod nut out. I think the biggest i had was a 17. ah well im headed to sears

toodles

Comment

I took apart my whole front suspension with 10,12,14,17mm wrenches/sockets, and a Pitman puller. Except the axle nut. I had to borrow for that.

Comment

Working...
                    X