? How to clean F22b Intake ports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? How to clean F22b Intake ports?

My JDM F22B Intake has no ports to clean out the carbon. So how does one go about cleaning it? Anybody else dealing with this issue?
    Last edited by SPL KID; 11-18-2005, 05:08 PM.

i'm assuming you mean the EGR ports where it recirculates the exhaust.... with those, the only way you can clean it is by drilling out the plug inserts over the port on each runner and tapping them for a threaded insert, or you can do something like this DIY and just pull out and replace the normal plugs... http://home.comcast.net/~em-engineering/T2T013.pdf

Comment

Is it a JDM f22b? If so you probably dont have an EGR system at all..

Comment

^^^yes u do have a egr, but still not sure wat u r trying to do?
        =my idea of classic JDM
        to my car page

Comment

Originally posted by sj960
          Is it a JDM f22b? If so you probably dont have an EGR system at all..
          EXACTLY the port holes that you drill out are not there! So what do you do in that instance?

Comment

Originally posted by ChroNicBoosT
            i'm assuming you mean the EGR ports where it recirculates the exhaust.... with those, the only way you can clean it is by drilling out the plug inserts over the port on each runner and tapping them for a threaded insert, or you can do something like this DIY and just pull out and replace the normal plugs... http://home.comcast.net/~em-engineering/T2T013.pdf
            Thx Chronic I will have to try this II would rather not but this is sure hwat seems to be the issue and best/only way to fix it!

Comment

yea no doubt man... good luck w/ it.... i just did it on an A1 mani i have that'll be goin on my car when my arp headstuds come in... i actually sealed up the holes with bolts permanently and i actually cut open the egr valve and welded the entire thing shut to completely cut off the recirculation... my ports were PACKED with carbon build up and it was disgusting... not sure what the best agent wold be to clean all that crap out, possibly a degreaser... all i did was hit the ports with air and blow the heavy crap out...lol...

Comment

Working...
              X