which oil on h22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which oil on h22

first of all, i know that factory recommended is the full synthetic mobil 1....problem is, i don't have the time to change my oil anymore with my new job...a friend of mine owns a local shop and has havoline, chevron, and napa oil to choose from....not synthetic, but anyways...which should i get, if any?
    JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

The factory recommended oil is 5W-30. If you want exactly what the factory recommends, go get it from a dealer. Honda oil is made by Mobil1 if you don't want to go to the dealer. It's all I use in my H22...
    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Actually, I've personally seen in a dealer near me them using Valvoline products. They had regular oil and that durablend. I'm not saying all dealers use this, but the one near me does.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by sleepin
        dont go with the synthetic, thats not good with our motors, also that about changing your oil every 5000, sounds more like lazyness, those our two different lubercations,

HAHA who lied to you? synthetic is gods gift to motors... ive been running it in my jdm swap since i got it and its a night and day difference...

if your lil shop friend doesnt carry it.. go to walmart, buy your 5 quarts of it for $20 and a mobile 1 filter and have him change it for you... orrrr... take the 10 mins to change it yourself. good luck bud

Comment

Originally posted by sleepin
          dont go with the synthetic, thats not good with our motors, also that about changing your oil every 5000, sounds more like lazyness, those our two different lubercations,
          ??? wtf are you talking about... unless your seals and rings are old, synthetic is the way to go. I have never nor will I ever, until I get my turbo put on, change my oil before 5000 miles. theres no need. But hell thats just my opinion.
          Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
          registration is free

Comment

i get castrol syntec 5w-30 (part synthetic) for my 175k mile F22 engine. and i change oil every 3k miles. if i am lazy i will wait 3500 miles. i do alot of stop, go, and i beat the hell outta the engine overkill? maybe but hey i have the 15-20 bucks or so to spare every few months lol
            and full snthetic oil is never bad for any engine!!!!!!! for older engines with leaks or worn our gaskets and rings is it not a good idea bc it leaks. haven't come across any articles saying full synthetic is bad...i have no idea where anyone hears this "full snthetic bad" crap lol
            My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by koolkoreanked
              ??? wtf are you talking about... unless your seals and rings are old, synthetic is the way to go. I have never nor will I ever, until I get my turbo put on, change my oil before 5000 miles. theres no need. But hell thats just my opinion.

amen brotha ben and with syn. you can technically got like half a year without changing the oil.. but you do have to change the filter and add a quart every so often... but i still change mine every 3-4k (just for good measure)...

**if you aint got SYN. ... you aint in ** haha

Comment

i use 10w30 mobile 1 with an s2000 oil filter.

i thought synthetic is bad for cars with higher milage since it puts more friction on worn parts. unlike high milage oil which puts more lube/elements for less wear and tear?

Comment

Originally posted by SSDH22Accord
                  i use 10w30 mobile 1 with an s2000 oil filter.

i thought synthetic is bad for cars with higher milage since it puts more friction on worn parts. unlike high milage oil which puts more lube/elements for less wear and tear?

im pritty possitive its not allll that recomended on higher millage engines because of how thin it is.. if the rings were to be worn at all.. you probably would see alot more blow-by with the synthetic... but most of the JDM engines are fairly low milaged anyhow...

Comment

I ran full synthetic 5w40 Valvoline w/o ANY problems...
                    i even used durablend ATF in my manual trans w/o a problem (actually shifted realy nice)

No projects at the moment... danm

2k20:
                    For sale Demon+ tunerview RD2 Make offer brand new in box

Comment

Originally posted by turboh22aakkord
                      im pritty possitive its not allll that recomended on higher millage engines because of how thin it is.. if the rings were to be worn at all.. you probably would see alot more blow-by with the synthetic... but most of the JDM engines are fairly low milaged anyhow...

Too thin? Do you have any idea what you're talking about? Synthetic oil is no more 'thin' or 'thick' than a conventional oil. Do some research dude. I recommend www.bobistheoilguy.com

Comment

thnx for comments, but no one answered the question....if i supply oil it's 15 +oil and filter.....if he uses his oil its 25...i guess i just need to make time period somehow...i might can get by my friend's shop or something tomorrow...it's just a pain to do sometimes...
                        JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

and i think i'm gonna switch from mobil 1 to castrol syntec...
                          JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

Valvoline 5W-30 and honda (blue) oil filter in my jdm h22a.

SSDH22Accord: S2K oil filter? Do they use different oil filters? From what I understand all hondas use the same oil filter - correct me if I'm wrong (maybe S2K's & NSX's use slightly different ones?!?!?)
                            www.StreetLightz.com

Comment

Originally posted by tehpr3chr
                              thnx for comments, but no one answered the question....if i supply oil it's 15 +oil and filter.....if he uses his oil its 25...i guess i just need to make time period somehow...i might can get by my friend's shop or something tomorrow...it's just a pain to do sometimes...
                              whoops... sorry for not answering the question... Yeah its fine to not use moblie one even tho thats all I use in my motors... If you've been using syn then keep using it... no sense in switchin to crappier oil. If you switch to regular oil... remember. oil is oil. Walmart oil works fine if your going to switch over...

Totally untrue... The reason synthetic oil is bad to put in cars with higher milage is cause usually the valve seals and rings are worn out in those cars... Therefore syn oil will slip through these worn seals and you will have a major oil leak. Regular oil is not as slick as synthetic and is the oil to use in higher milage vehicles.
                              Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                              registration is free

Comment

Working...
                              X