A6 headers on a A1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A6 headers on a A1

will the a6 4-2-1 headers fit my lx accord a1?????

Yes... Next Time Do a Search and check to see if this topic has been covered before. You'll look like a cool kid when you find info on your own.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...haust+Manifold
    Last edited by NoSloCB7; 11-14-2005, 09:26 AM.

Comment

The A4 is better, buy mine.
      -Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Bluejayde
        The A4 is better, buy mine.

Comment

Are you confused because you didn't know the A4 was better, or because you don't know why I'm whoring my parts in this thread?

I have no answer to the latter, so I hope that's not it.
          -Jay

Comment

i didnt know the a4 was better. why doesnt everyone do the a4 swap rather than the a6 then?

Comment

Its not "headers" its header, singular for Honda because there is only one, and stock they're not even considered a header anyway. A header has seperate tubular exhaust runners, a manifold is cast together as one with the runners inside. F22A1 Accords use manifolds stock.
              Last edited by MonopolyMan; 11-14-2005, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MonopolyMan
                Its not "headers" its header, singular for Honda because there is only one, and stock they're not even considered a header anyway. A header has seperate tubular exhaust runners, a manifold is cast together as one with the runners inside. F22A1 Accords use manifolds stock.
                Yes, the A1 is definately a manifold. The A6 is cast, but has a better design that the A1. The A4 is a header; it has four tubes that come off the head and merge from 4>2>1.

So, if you swap exhaust side, do A4. If you swap intake side, then you want the A6.
                -Jay

Comment

uh , i believe A6 is better, he just wants you to buy his a4,

thats my guess anyway.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~1991 ExR alb F22a6~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I agree with BlueJayde, i've been researching this for a while now.
                    Right now i got an A6 Exhaust Manifold, if i find an A4, i will get it.
                    Im happy with the A6, but the A4 is so much better.
                    Has a better design...

The A6 Intake manifold is by far the better of of the 3.
                    Thanks to the Dual Runners...
                    Thats going to be my next project, A6 manifold swap.
                    So far i only need the IAB box...
                    Anobody selling let me know...

Comment

Originally posted by Duc-Tape
                      will the a6 4-2-1 headers fit my lx accord a1?????
                      And to answer your question, yes they will fit.
                      Only issue will be the o2 Sensor.
                      But you can get around that and get longer wires
                      Correct me if im wrong, but i also think you need the A4/A6 A pipe.
                      Both of them are Dual pipes instead of the Single pipe found on the A1.

Comment

The A4 has a better exhaust manifold. It has 4 separate TUBULAR runners comming off of the head. They merge into a 4-2 collector and then continue down the second half of the TUBULAR exhaust manifold and merge from 2 runners into one just prior to the cat.

The bottom half of the the A6 manifold with 2 runners that merge into one is identical to the F22A4. But the 4-2 section bolted to the head, is cast and has an inferior runner design compared to the A4. It still has a 4-2 design, but it isn't tubular and the runner path isn't as good for exhaust flow.

The A4 does have a better exhaust manifold.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Final 204
                          uh , i believe A6 is better, he just wants you to buy his a4,

thats my guess anyway.

The price is WRONG, BEEEHOTCH!

But seriously, buy my A4.
                          -Jay

Comment

I happen to know a1 is cast mani, a4 and a6 both same stock "header"! Ive got three mani's and one header from a6 and my friend with a4 has header same as my a6!!!

WaC!

Comment

Originally posted by westsideaccord
                              I happen to know a1 is cast mani, a4 and a6 both same stock "header"! Ive got three mani's and one header from a6 and my friend with a4 has header same as my a6!!!
                              Yup!
                              f22a4/ f22a6 same header!
                              1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                              2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                              3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                              4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                              5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Working...
                              X