Swapping seat pans and consoles???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swapping seat pans and consoles???

Here's my problem.. I have a busted driver's seat in my 1991 EX therefore I need to replace it. The problem is that I can ONLY find 92 and 93 driver seats for sale. My question is, can I take the seat pan and rails off my 1991 seat and stick it on a 1992 seat.

Also, I know the armrest on the 92 seat would conflict with the center console/armrest in the 91 accord so my next question is, can I swap out the armrest console from a 91 to a 92 without any hassles?

Anyone done this?
    The Gene Pool has no lifeguards.

You can't use a 92 armrest in a 91 unless you change to manual belts, as the autobelt conflicts with the console. It is why the 90-91 have a skinny e-brake console.

I'm not sure if you can take the seats off the rails though. I want to say you ruin the seat by doing that, but I'm not 100% sure.

Comment

The reason why I as because of what I've done in the past with CRX's. For instance the 1988 CRX and the 1989 CRX have different bolt patterns to the floor but I can put an 89 seat in an 88 CRX if I swap the seat pans and the seat rails.

However, since I would HAVE to switch to manual seat belts I don't think it will be something I will do since I LOVE my auto-belts!!

I mean... how luxurious is it to have a car that puts your seatbelt on for you! That's sweet!
      The Gene Pool has no lifeguards.

Comment

Working...
      X