Exhaust Smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust Smoke

My exhaust puffs out smoke when stopped, when it's already warm, It does this when I'M stopped and reving high, I have no Idea why

NEED HELP!!!

what color smoke?

Comment

Exhaust Smoke

It looks kind of grey and black, But trust me It's not white I'll tell you that, I know what it means when it's white

Comment

Your burning oil my friend

Comment

Exhaust Smoke

I knew it, I just wanted a second Opinion, I checked my oil and my oil is black,
          that means I need a oil change right or is there another problem

Comment

Oil gets darker with age, no biggie. Now if your telling me that you have not changed your oil in years I will reach through this screen and back hand you. You may be burning oil due to worn valve seals, or a leaky head gasket.

Comment

Exhaust

I mean the engine that I got is a f20a sohc, and when I got it the oil was black, it seems like they didn't change it like for years, but now that I've change it, I could tell it's better now, due to the bottom of the valve cover, it's red now do to the quaker state 10w 30 High Rev synthetic

Comment

Oh ok....just making sure well like I said, you could be buring oil due to leaky valve seals, or a leaky head gasket. Both are common problems.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_adrenalin714
                  It looks kind of grey and black, But trust me It's not white I'll tell you that, I know what it means when it's white
                  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I thought grey/black smoke was fuel, White is coolant leaking into a cylinder, and Blue is an Oil leak... I've been reading all the "smoke out my exhaust" threads as I am STILL having smoe smoke issues.

Just Checking...
                  Originally posted by Michalob
                  I was driving along today and the check engine light came on. I pulled over and looked under the hood. The engine was still there... silly light!

Comment

Description of smoke color can be different for some people. I am just assuming he is buring oil, becasue if his car was smoking due to improper fuel settings, he would be showing other signs as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X