Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tach and speedo gone whack

did a search, came up with minimal answers

so... i was removing the black bezel around the cluster, radio, etc... and i was looking around the gauge cluster. when i put the bezel back on and started up the car, the idle was at like 2000 rpm constant and the speedo was stuck between 15-20mph. i tried shifting into R and D4 but nothing moved. could i have hit something by mistake when i removed the bezel?

1991 Accord LX

bump for help

1991 Accord LX

Comment

do you have a haynes or chilton manual because these books will help

Comment

I think you either messed up the guage becuase sometimes if you messed with the speedo and shit it will jam up or get stuck. Did you put in or remove the guage faces. Another think if could be is the speed sensor,or my case a few times the altenator or engine ground wire not being screwed in correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
          I think you either messed up the guage becuase sometimes if you messed with the speedo and shit it will jam up or get stuck. Did you put in or remove the guage faces. Another think if could be is the speed sensor,or my case a few times the altenator or engine ground wire not being screwed in correctly.
          i didn't remove the gauge face or anything, but i did take off the bezel to clean it, then put it back on. i was really carefully and im positive that i didnt touch any needles. my speed sensor has been going on and off before this started to happen, does the VSS also affect the tach? i might pick up a manual like he stated above ^^^^^ thanks guys, hopefully i can fix this

1991 Accord LX

Comment

Cluster wire plug could be loose or not fitted correctly.
            1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
            2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
            3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
            4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
            5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Working...
            X