No announcement yet.

Brake Lamp light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SRS light is on because I disconnected the airbag, the check engine light from a bad o2 sensor.....but my question is for the brake lamp light, under the open door indicator, not the e-brake light. For the cold weather, its never happened in the cold before...the only time its came on was when a bulb blew in the tails, but all the bulb curently in a pretty new, except the reverse bulbs, but they all work, with the lights on and with the brakes. I just had the rotors turned not too long ago and new pads....so I dont think i need a brake check. Also my brake fluid is topped off, a little above the line.....?? Any more comments.
    Jay
    Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

well the times this happend to me it was o blown bulb in the third,and the other time it was because of my cluster,there is a plugg behing there that if it gets uplugged somwhow it needs to be plugged bak in but if that came unplugged you would of had to be playin around with the cluster.were you??

Comment

Do this look at the altezzas forst then the little brown boxes disconnect the little brown boxes. Then reconnect them or put the old ones back on did it have a problem with the stock taillights??????? Or disconnect the little brown boxes then put em back in or replace em thats the best i can think of

Comment

i have altezzas man andit has never happend to me,altezzas dont do it.because its happend to me twice and both time i had stock tails so just get that altezza thing out of your head.

Comment

Bro im just tellin him what i did on my car thought it would help him and remember everycar is different asside for yours so heh

Comment

i know i'm just sick of every one thinking altezzas are carppy,i dont even like the look that muchanymore but everyone thinks they dont work right or whatever,i'm just saying me and 3 friends have them and none of ours ever failed or leaked or anything.

Comment

No i never thought altezzas were crappy if i didnt they wouldnt be on my car i just took em off cause i never got a chance to rock them i brought those taillights when i first got the car.

Im saving mine cause I want them in mint condition if my stocks go so it wont be at a loss just like my headlight projectors i may sell those too. But i love my altezzas so does racergirl21 there are so many styles i also love the red on top and white on the bottom accord taillights too but i think they are rare i hardly see those .

Comment

ya i want the red/clear tails,my altezzasare just boring to me now,but they work great.anyone wanna trade or buy my altezzas let me know.

Comment

Thanks sparkles, I'll go try the brown box thing, although I dont think it'll work, but who knows, its worth a try. Also I've had the altezzas over two years, and this is the first time its acted this way.
                    Jay

Comment

dont mention it when a filament in there goes its a wrap try to go to a junkyard and cop both pieces that way and say its just 1 whole fuse if they let you take it out yourself

Comment

People, its an electrical problem, not a tail light housing problem. Get these damn alteezas out of your heads. The only thing alteezas do is attach to the body of the car. If you buy a crappy set of alteezas that leak then you have a problem and it may lead to electrcal issues as far as moisture ect... But the alteezas have nothing to do electrically. My stock tails leak and I get the brake light on the dash also. One time a bulb turned off and the next day it was fine, all bulbs were on. So its either a glich of a 10-13 year old car, and/or the relay is old (little brown box) and needs replacing.

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
                        JDM H22
                        Port n Polished Int Mani
                        Bored TB, maxed
                        MSD 6A
                        I/H/E
                        no cat
                        [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

Originally posted by akkordlayinkit
                          Thanks sparkles, I'll go try the brown box thing, although I dont think it'll work, but who knows, its worth a try. Also I've had the altezzas over two years, and this is the first time its acted this way.
                          Jay
                          Anything happen with the brake light?

93' Accord (Sold )
                          JDM H22
                          Port n Polished Int Mani
                          Bored TB, maxed
                          MSD 6A
                          I/H/E
                          no cat

Comment

Originally posted by acch22
                            Anything happen with the brake light?
                            Yea I fixed it a long time ago...I think I had to switch around a few bulbs and buy some news ones, and then play with them for a while. But its worked fine since I fixed it.

Jay

Comment

I just noticed on mine I have small puddles of condensation build up inside the connectors on the sensors.

93' Accord (Sold )
                              JDM H22
                              Port n Polished Int Mani
                              Bored TB, maxed
                              MSD 6A
                              I/H/E
                              no cat

Comment

yeah just take em out use a blow drier to help dry em out

Comment

Working...
                                X