Brake Lamp light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Lamp light

I just did a search, and found a thread on this, but everything in the thread I've already checked earlier, also wasnt sure to post here or lighting.
    Ok today my Brake Lamp light came on while goin to school and I've checked all the tail light bulbs, all the connections are good, no blown fuses anywhere, and this just came on for no reason. Also it comes on as soon as I start my car and stays on, with lights on and off, and when I hit my brakes. Any suggestions?
    Jay
    Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

I got that same problem yesterday...what I did was ( you guys may think its stupid but it worked)
    I drove the car on the highway and I shut the car off while I was driving then switched it back on, the light for the brake lamp indicator shut off it no problems ever since I think it occurs when it gets real cold.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Ive tried that also....but every time I cut the car back on, the lights comes back on.

Comment

Well this is what happened to me i had altezzas on mine those two little filaments in the back that you have to switch over to plug into the back so the bulb will light up i switched up it does happen when it gets cold also i took my altezzas off it works just fine now hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
          Well this is what happened to me i had altezzas on mine those two little filaments in the back that you have to switch over to plug into the back so the bulb will light up i switched up it does happen when it gets cold also i took my altezzas off it works just fine now hmmm.
          umm I also have altezzas, but I cant understand what your trying to say....You swithced the wiring harness for the bulbs??? or you switched out the dual filament bulbs on the brake lights??? Thanks
          Jay

Comment

Man, if you guys can figure this one out, do a write up or something 'cause I'm clueless with the same problem. The only thing I can think of is the little brown box by the bulbs, which is the relay, is getting old.

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
            JDM H22
            Port n Polished Int Mani
            Bored TB, maxed
            MSD 6A
            I/H/E
            no cat
            [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

Check all the bulbs literally take them out while the light is on and inspect them for cracks loose filaments and stuff like that. But that little brown box can be the problem i doubt it if its a short in there just that little relay box sometimes they go bad. I put my stocks tails back on and it went off for some odd reason i dont know why.

I didnt switch the harness for the bulbs either and make sure the wire that you twist that hold the bulb arent twisted real tight either. I had a loose connection and that was the problem cause when i forced down on the bulb the indicator went off. So remember brown box and check check the bulbs and the bulb holder make sure that isnt twisted so tight where it can cause a loose connection too

Comment

ive had similar problems, i believe mine has to do with the condensation in the brake lense, but my BRAKE LIGHT has gone on a few times during the cold weather too. I think someone posted a thread that these honda's have a defective sensor or something like that (wherever that is?)

when this first happened i changed the bulbs but that still didnt fix it
                Last edited by thatsitbelowradarSTL; 04-17-2004, 03:18 PM.
                Originally posted by fizzbob7 i think the "jdm everything" craze is funny........it's the same thing, a fad.......and an overpriced one at that
                Originally posted by uncle_el believe it or not, this forum is not about you or your post count. it's about providing relevant information and exchanging it with one another, in order to help build a community. if you don't like that, please leave.

Comment

maybe when i changed them back they were different cause my altezzas had a little bit of visable moisture in there, but it wasnt wet hmmm could be

Comment

Re: Brake Lamp light

Originally posted by akkordlayinkit
                    I just did a search, and found a thread on this, but everything in the thread I've already checked earlier, also wasnt sure to post here or lighting.
                    Ok today my Brake Lamp light came on while goin to school and I've checked all the tail light bulbs, all the connections are good, no blown fuses anywhere, and this just came on for no reason. Also it comes on as soon as I start my car and stays on, with lights on and off, and when I hit my brakes. Any suggestions?
                    Jay
                    Did you check the third brake light in the rear window? The brake light lamp will turn in once you touch the brakes. But not until then.

Comment

Earlier today I re-checked all the individual bulbs including 3rd, harnesses, connections, fuses, everything......still no luck. So maybe it does have something to do with the cold weather and the altezzas??? Its gotta be sumthing crazy like that, Im also kinda tired of seing the same three lights always on(check Engine, SRS, and now Brake Lamp).
                      Jay

Comment

For the SRS system..I read the manual once..your supposed to have it checked by a Honda technical every ten years so I'd suggest you do that..as for the brake lamp indicator light...It happens to me every winter when it gets real cold.
                        Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

well, first off, REplace all teh rear bulbs with new ones, its hella cheap.. then if that doesnt work and thats not the problem, you want to take it in to have the brakes serviced because that can also be a side effect depending on which light is lit.. "BRAKE" as the parking brake, or the "brake lamp" by where it shows the doors that are open.. either way one of the filaments are dead. that happened to me..

Comment

I think it's just a bug in the system, because my brake lights are fine, but when it gets really cold, from time to time the brake lamp light will come on.. It goes off whenever it feels like it, and sometimes if comes back on if I hit a bump, or slam on the brakes. Aparently this car has been doing this for the past 6 years, and was checked out by Honda who said it was normal.

Just my 2 cents.. I wouldnt worry about it if all your brake lights light up when the lamp is on...

Comment

I also heard this from a while ago its probably the level of fluid in the system, try to fill that up a bit more and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X