No announcement yet.

Brake Lamp light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, I'm going to take out the whole housing an reseal it after I dry the whole thing. I've got a lake in there!

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
    JDM H22
    Port n Polished Int Mani
    Bored TB, maxed
    MSD 6A
    I/H/E
    no cat
    [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

Okay I would like to bring this topic back to the top. I know plenty of people have this problem or have had this problem. Well mine just started about 3 or 4 months ago and I have tried everything. I went out and bought all new bulbs, didnt work. Then I just got two new little boxes that go on the outer taillights from honda and again no success. I know they all work correctly but honestly I hate the little light being on. Its not all the time but after having to brake a few times while driving it will stay on untill you cut the car off and then sometimes doesnt go off for weeks. Its just a little indicartor light but I know I'm like others on here and absolutley hate to have any false indicator lights or anything that show something might be wrong with your car when everything works fine. Is there anything else that can be done cause my next option seems to be the dealership and they want about $75 just to look at it and hate to do that but may have to. PLEASE HELP!!!
      1991 Black Accord Coupe
      Sprint Lowering Springs
      Neuspeed/Koni Sport Shocks
      Suspension Techniques Front and Rear Sway Bar
      17" Motegi DP6 with Bridgestone Potenzas
      TSX HID Retrofit with 4300K Bulbs
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/sthrnba711

Comment

Bump, i have same problem ^^^

Comment

ok don't mean to be thread jacking but my emergency brake light is on and is always on why? i hit a bad bump and all of a sudden it came on and won't turn off any suggestions?
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93
            ok don't mean to be thread jacking but my emergency brake light is on and is always on why? i hit a bad bump and all of a sudden it came on and won't turn off any suggestions?
            Remove your center console and check it out. I think there is a tab that must be pushed in to take off the light. Usually the brake handle pushes it in.

Comment

Your car is possesed like mine and a few others on this board...search for the thread if you havent come across it already.

Edit: cp[Mike] says it all in post #3.
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=45072
              Last edited by Accord13&BA4; 06-11-2006, 09:20 PM.

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
              1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

Originally posted by Accord13&BA4
                Your car is possesed like mine and a few others on this board...search for the thread if you havent come across it already.

Edit: cp[Mike] says it all in post #3.
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=45072
                lmao
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

basically...i had this problem with my red/clears and i played with all the bulbs, took out the brake fail sensors...(the brown and black box) thats what honda calls it..and everything. I took all the bulbs out and figured out that one had a bad connection and would fake the sensor into thinking that bulb was out when it wasnt...so i took all the bulbs out of their sockets and cleaned the tips and sockets with contact cleaner(can be bought at radioshack) and got all the grim out...same with the brake fail sensors replaced it all and still had the problem...well then a day later when i checked again one bulb was fuckin snow white inside...replaced that bulb and its been fine since...so it was a combo of a bad bulb and nasty build up in there from 15 years of on/off/on/off.

O and on a side note i had a shitty pair of red/clears...they leaked which in turn added to the mix so i bought a brand new set of red/clears and then did all of this and so far the leak in my trunk is fixed as well as the brake light and no leaks in the tails so im fuckin uber happy!

Comment

Off topic!! Get where did you get ya red clears from??^

Ride List
                    1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                    2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                    newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

mine was like that and i have altezzas, and we got the light to go out after many tries of all the stuff you guys are talking about, but we think that its because with the altezzas you only have to have one light on each side where the stock ones require 2. we wired mine up for 2 lights and the brake lamp light went off and havent seen it since. worked for me, dont know if it will be everyones fix or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
                        basically...i had this problem with my red/clears and i played with all the bulbs, took out the brake fail sensors...(the brown and black box) thats what honda calls it..and everything. I took all the bulbs out and figured out that one had a bad connection and would fake the sensor into thinking that bulb was out when it wasnt...so i took all the bulbs out of their sockets and cleaned the tips and sockets with contact cleaner(can be bought at radioshack) and got all the grim out...same with the brake fail sensors replaced it all and still had the problem...well then a day later when i checked again one bulb was fuckin snow white inside...replaced that bulb and its been fine since...so it was a combo of a bad bulb and nasty build up in there from 15 years of on/off/on/off.

O and on a side note i had a shitty pair of red/clears...they leaked which in turn added to the mix so i bought a brand new set of red/clears and then did all of this and so far the leak in my trunk is fixed as well as the brake light and no leaks in the tails so im fuckin uber happy!
                        What did u do to fix your red/clear leak? quick question, did u re-use your OEM taillight gasket or did you use the ones that came with your red/clears?

Comment

Originally posted by trendyexr View Post
                          I think it's just a bug in the system, because my brake lights are fine, but when it gets really cold, from time to time the brake lamp light will come on.. It goes off whenever it feels like it, and sometimes if comes back on if I hit a bump, or slam on the brakes. Aparently this car has been doing this for the past 6 years, and was checked out by Honda who said it was normal.

Just my 2 cents.. I wouldnt worry about it if all your brake lights light up when the lamp is on...
                          My brake lamp comes on in cold or warm weather literally after i brake, i need new rotors and pads so that maybe the reason!?
                          Did everything I could

Comment

Working...
                          X