quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick question

I'm having a brain fart right now and can't think of the name of this piece. Its a support bar thing that goes from the front of the chassis to the middle of it and is right under the oil pan. It has to be removed to drop the oil pan. Has 3 bolts on both ends...whats that piece called again lol?
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Engine fallout _______. Not sure what honda calls that.

Comment

Center beam.
      2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
      JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
      My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

I got it!!!! ENGINE FALLOUT SUPPORT BEAM/BRACE (official part name). In case of a collison its supposed to prevent the engine from falling through.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
          I got it!!!! ENGINE FALLOUT SUPPORT BEAM/BRACE (official part name). In case of a collison its supposed to prevent the engine from falling through.
          Pardon my idiotic nature, but fall through what? Drop to the ground? I don't understand why they'd want it in the car.
          2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
          JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
          My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

wow i thought it was jus lyke some type of brace for the front support beam... never ewalyzed the significance of that bitch in an accident situation.... u learn new shit everyday....

Comment

Originally posted by ChroNicBoosT
              wow i thought it was jus lyke some type of brace for the front support beam... never ewalyzed the significance of that bitch in an accident situation.... u learn new shit everyday....
              Yeah thats what its there for. In case of a severe collision where the car may flip over, its there to keep the engine from flying out.

Comment

lower jack support maybe?

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

SOMEBODY FARTED AND I CAN SMELL IT! WHEW!

- Zipcreature
                  Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                    lower jack support maybe?

You are talking about the bar that connects the Front crossmember to the well rear crossmember?

And it has an exhaust hanger on it? thats the Engine fallout brace or beam.

Comment

k, and yea today has been a..."trying" day for me, i somehow got dumber in the middle of the night lol. I am doing something very intelligent with this information however Hint: I'll be the first accord with this modification

Comment

I hate your hints, they hurt my brain. And no you will not be the first accord with a solid bar crossmember vs that clunky crap.

That may not even be it...

Comment

no further information will be given..that is all

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                            no further information will be given..that is all

Comment

bingo bingo i got it !! its called a cross member !! w00t w00t !!!
                              h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                              New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Working...
                              X