neither fan turns on with a/c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

neither fan turns on with a/c

i was told when you turn your a/c on both your fans SHOULD start kicking in. i realized mine didnt. what are the possibilities causing that-and is that an easy fix?

does your AC compressor kick in?

take off the connectors on the fan, hook up one end to the battery positive and one to the negitive, does it turn on? if it does then thats good, look into sensors and relays and fan timmers

does it come on when u let it sit for 15 mintues at idle?
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

at idle the passenger-side fan kicks in. also at turn offs to cool the engine down. i never noticed the driver side fan to be on at all though. and what is an a/c compressor?

Comment

the ac compressor is under the power steering pump (has a belt on it) when you turn the Ac on you hear a click and that unit turns on

when the fan turns on at idle, thats normal...both fans NORMALLY come on for the AC...if not then you may run into a issue when the freon overheats and the car ejects the freon.

check the other fan with the way i said before by hooking it up to a battery. if not then there is a sensor i believe on the thermostat i think, that you can check and or change....i forgot which one, there is 3 of them. One is a radiator thermostat which i think is in front by the upper hose, then there is a guage temp sender unit, then there is a AC temp sensor.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

i dont think the compressor turned on. i didnt hear a click at all. no belt started running. sorry i had to up this thread because ima have free time for the holidays and i might wanna do the work now. my arm hasnt healed,but i have no choice. more ideas on this please.

Comment

if your AC system doesnt have a charge, the fans will not come on with the button. I learned that from my 91 EX. I charged the system, then they both came on with the button. Then the charge leaked off and now they dont come on with the button anymore.
            Seattle Silver crew #5
            Member of the Midwest Car Club.
            ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

Working...
            X