car's hitting the wall...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car's hitting the wall...

hey guys, big problem.. my car has just recently lost almost all its power... 1st gear goes to 10 then 2nd goes to 20, third gear goes to about 30, 4th goes to 45/50 and then 5th pretty much tops out at like... i'd like to say almost 70.. the thing with it is that it just doesnt cut out, it just kinda feels like its hitting the end of the line.. its like the motor just tops out at these speeds when it use to almost double them... i replaced the plugs wires distributer and the rotor in ther.. so im out of ideas, im thinking it has to do with the fuel.. is there any way to find out whats wronge without spending money? because i already wasted 50 bucks because the guy at autozone "knew exactly what was going on".. any advice?

you can try checking the compression on the motor...maybe a cylinder isnt firiung?
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
      you can try checking the compression on the motor...maybe a cylinder isnt firiung?
      thats what i thought, that was why i replaced all that shi.. how could i check that?

Comment

Originally posted by poorskater
        thats what i thought, that was why i replaced all that shi.. how could i check that?
        its liek a vacuum guage w/ an attachement that goes into the spark plug.
        should be able to borrow from any auto place...

maybe a wire isnt getting spark or cylinder isnt getting fuel? no CEL's or nothing?
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

1) Check engine light on?

2) At idle, is your engine running rough (misfiring)?? This would mean a dead cylinder.

3) Have you had a timing belt job or anything timing belt related done recently? Your camshaft timing may be off.

4) Are one or more of your fuel injectors not connected/wiring messed up, etc?

My guess is...for some reason your ECU is cutting off your fuel (this is true if your check engine light is on).
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
            1) Check engine light on?

2) At idle, is your engine running rough (misfiring)?? This would mean a dead cylinder.

3) Have you had a timing belt job or anything timing belt related done recently? Your camshaft timing may be off.

4) Are one or more of your fuel injectors not connected/wiring messed up, etc?

My guess is...for some reason your ECU is cutting off your fuel (this is true if your check engine light is on).

I vote for number 3

Comment

Does the engine rev fine? Just feels like you hit a fuel cut off from the ECU? I know that the CEL light it's self can go out (ie. not light up) and you could simply have a problem there. In the F22a4 I drove, when the CEL was on, rev limit was about 3,300 RPM. Car accelerated fine tough, just top speeds were limited like you said.
              2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
              JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
              My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

Check engine light on?no

2) At idle, is your engine running rough (misfiring)?? This would mean a dead cylinder. when idleing it does kinda get rough every.. i'd want to say 10-15 seconds maybe.. but im pretty sure it did that before

3) Have you had a timing belt job or anything timing belt related done recently? Your camshaft timing may be off. no timing belt work

4) Are one or more of your fuel injectors not connected/wiring messed up, etc? i replaced all the wires last night so their all in there..

My guess is...for some reason your ECU is cutting off your fuel (this is true if your check engine light is on). so no light..

Comment

Originally posted by TheTempest
                  Does the engine rev fine? Just feels like you hit a fuel cut off from the ECU? I know that the CEL light it's self can go out (ie. not light up) and you could simply have a problem there. In the F22a4 I drove, when the CEL was on, rev limit was about 3,300 RPM. Car accelerated fine tough, just top speeds were limited like you said.
                  thats almost exactly whats going on .. is there a way to test it to see ?

Comment

Unfortunatly, the only way to test it is to go buy the replacement bulb and put it in

I do remember hearing about some people saying there was a light on the ECU that would flash at the same time the CEL light would...perhaps somene will tell you how to do that. I dont know

Good luck.
                    2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
                    JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
                    My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

Originally posted by TheTempest
                      Unfortunatly, the only way to test it is to go buy the replacement bulb and put it in

I do remember hearing about some people saying there was a light on the ECU that would flash at the same time the CEL light would...perhaps somene will tell you how to do that. I dont know

Good luck.
                      u know of any DIY's on here for that? i dnot even know what that is because im stupid

Comment

There's an easy way to check for the code...there's a diagnostic connector near the front passenger door, somewhere under the carpet/plastic on the side. Use an open paper clip to connect one hole to the other, and watch the CEL...it'll tell you what code the ECU is throwing, and by searching here you can find what's wrong with the car. Good luck.

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                          There's an easy way to check for the code...there's a diagnostic connector near the front passenger door, somewhere under the carpet/plastic on the side. Use an open paper clip to connect one hole to the other, and watch the CEL...it'll tell you what code the ECU is throwing, and by searching here you can find what's wrong with the car. Good luck.
                          paper clip..sounds pretty ghetto to me..
                          -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                          -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                          -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                          -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Paper clip works just fine though...

Comment

well boys, tonight was the night that i ripped it all apart.. it ended up being the timing belt.. thanks for all your help but sense the car has so many existing problems.. im going to have to set her asail.... i thank you all for all your help threw out the last few years.

alright im fixen the car guys.. but ima need some help. i just posted a new thread in the tech. section just help me get my baby back!
                              Last edited by poorskater; 11-29-2005, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X