flywheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flywheel

in first gear when im taking off my car fells like the clutch is slipping but not in any other gear. and it only does this some times. so should i buy just the clutch or both clutch and flywheel. and should i buy one of those eay clutch flywwheel sets even though the flywheels dont come with timing marks. will i still be able to adjust my timing.
    My Members Ride Thread

If you are sure it slips in no other gear...why is it the clutch's fault. If your clutch was slipping in one gear, it will slip in them all. It would start slipping after a certain RPM.

Comment

Well, if you do decide to go with a new clutch, I've got a 12lb flywheel I'll sell for $125 (less then the cost of a new one on eBay). Got 3000 miles on it and works fine. How many miles on your old clutch?
      Originally posted by DoctorCipher
      ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

i dont know how many miles on the old clutch i bought it with the car and i put about 7,000 but i want to know if its worth buying one of those flywheels if you cant adjust your timing and how do you know when you need to change your flywheel(what are symptoms of a bad flywheel)
        My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Symptoms of a bad flywheel...

Car is difficult to start.
          Clutch slips randomly.

Comment

Working...
          X