bye bye a1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bye bye a1

well after 5000 miles of patronage from my a1, she finally blew up, 5000 hard miles. i bought the car with 185k let it set im my garage for about 8 months, then started driving it. last night oil light cam on and i stopped imediatly. went in to the autoparts store, thank god i was so close, and bought three quarts of oil and put it in, light would flickerat a red light at idle, flicker on fade away 3secs, flicker on fade away,so light went out after i would take off, then i here the fateful sound of a rod smacking the side of my block, so i was just like screw im getting a new motor anyway, i floored and listened to it clunk and clatter on, pull into my neighbir hood and her a very distinct and loud "ka-thunk" i was like its about damn time, so yeah thats my story of the death of my f22a1 "R.I.P."
    Now for the good part, again no money for an h22 not until tax time, so im gonna go with a low milage a6, wat do yall think? im going to call around today and see wat kinda prices i am going to have to pay from a wrecking yard. and watch the papers, anyone in the chattanooga tn, area no of a good place? or anybody close have one they want to sell???
    this should just be a simple replacement right???
    or anyone know of a place where i can get an f22b reasonable?????
    any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

hey guys sorry if i put this in the wrong thread i think i shouldve put it in swaps sorry

Comment

well...i'm not sure how you would do this, but I wouldn't waste any money on a new motor unless you're getting the one you want (h22). Nice story on the F22A1 =)

Good luck man.
      2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
      JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
      My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

Originally posted by TheTempest
        well...i'm not sure how you would do this, but I wouldn't waste any money on a new motor unless you're getting the one you want (h22). Nice story on the F22A1 =)

Good luck man.
        Thats what I was going to say. I almost cammed my stock f22a1 but then I thought about the hassle of installing it and then having to take it all back out.... not worth the trouble. If you have another car to drive then just drive it and save the money for the h22.
        Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
        registration is free

Comment

i wished i did have another car but as for now its either the cb or the bus lol and um the turbo twinkie is no fun. but i actually have a fund at the bank for my h22 i think the balance so far is like 500 so yeah 2500 to go lol

but since my parents are gonna pay for the motor i guess i will get the a6 because they dont want to zshell out the 3k for the h22, parents gott love em

Comment

So let me get this straight, you abused and neglected your motor to the point the oil light was comming on, purposely killed it, just so Mommy and Daddy will buy you a new one?
            00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
              So let me get this straight, you abused and neglected your motor to the point the oil light was comming on, purposely killed it, just so Mommy and Daddy will buy you a new one?
              thats what i did but im not going to purposedly blow up my motor.

id rather get the jdm f22b and mod that out like whoa because i think h22's are over-rated.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i used and neglected my motor yes i will admit it,i ran my car like a scawlded dog, but it was hella fun kicking mustangs and civics asses lol. not because mommy and daddy would by me a new one because i was gonna by a new one neway, they just steeped in with the offer, because dad wants me to save my money for college because he wants me to go to like wyotech or uti

Comment

Working...
                X