No announcement yet.

H22 help...thieves stole my VAFC...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K, but can someone direct me to someone or something that will have me back on the road??? If this busted lx guy can help me to get running again please let me know, or if all I have to do is go to my local performance shop and pick up some chip that I can put in on my own. I need some guidance I know whats what but this is my first Honda so I'm slightly newbish to the whole Computer issues. Truly I can't really afford another V-AFC at this point in time so if anyone can just give me a slightly detailed answer as to what would be a cost effective way to get my car back into running order and prefferably running par or better than it was before? Anyone, that would be really helpfull. Thanks.

Comment

now i understand! yeah call me slow, but looking in my haynes manual, found nothing about vafc. now i know why i didn't know what it (vafc-> VTEC stuff) was at that time. interesting! but hey, this is my first honda and yes, gotta start somewhere. at least i'm doing some research and not totally relying on the 'net' people. LOL
      If you're gonna go, go with a smile!
      Current vehicles: 2006 Pacifica Touring Inferno Red (the Wife's) - 30k
      1993 Accord EX - optima 'red top' battery, magnaflow exhaust, tinted windows - My $500 ride w/ 217k miles
      2004 Suzuki GSXR750 - Racetech sus f/r. Dunlop Qualifiers. clear Puig DB screen. my drug - 7500 miles

Comment

Originally posted by sd93accordEX
        at least i'm doing some research and not totally relying on the 'net' people. LOL

You don't think I have researched already??? Your an idiot.

F . U . LOL

Comment

Wouldnt the P72 be a better choice?

Controls IABS
          Redline of 7800rpms
          Vtec crossover @ 5200rpms.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23

Controls IABS
            Redline of 7800rpms

That actually sounds like about what I was runnin' with when I jackimo'd. So please explain a little bit what this P72 is and where I can get it and how I get er' on. Thanks a bunch, I was starting to wonder if anyone was actually gonna help...Thanks again.

Comment

They are Integra GSR ECU's. It still will need to be chipped tho.

Comment

So that is something that I'll have to think about at a later date. ALL I'm trying to do is get my car back on the road. It seems as though I need some kind of chip for my ECU....where can I get one?

Comment

Wait, what kind of mods do you have on that engine that it would need a custom map? And are you running a P13?

Comment

I'm really sorry you'll have to dumb it down a bit....I don't have all the part codes memorized. I bought an H22 swap and I slightly remember the guy saying that he thought that the (H22)motor they put in had an aftermarket cam (skunk maybe) all that I put down in my notes is that it has a Remapped JDM ECU w/adjusted fuel curves, and governor disabled. I realize this might not help to much.....if there is anything you can do to help me find out what I've got in there, aside from calling the previous owner that is (I've been tryin for the past four days) that would be really great. Where are you located? Thanks again for your help man.

Comment

Controls IABS
                      Redline of 7800rpms
                      Thats what the stock h22 ecu does. I would go with the p28 and with a chip. I can't remember were vtec kicks but is somewhere in the 4k range and redline is like 8200.
                      Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                      registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by koolkoreanked
                        Thats what the stock h22 ecu does. I would go with the p28 and with a chip. I can't remember were vtec kicks but is somewhere in the 4k range and redline is like 8200.
                        P28's redline can not 8200rpms... Its got to be around 7k with a vtec crossover of 4600...I believe.

That means your ECU maps must suck if you needed a VAFC on top of that. I am not 100% on this, but maybe the stock H22 ecu would be better. All of the Civic, Integra ECUs need to be chipped.
                        Last edited by KillerCam282; 10-31-2005, 08:25 PM.

Comment

It seems that someone that you may know stole your stuff.

Comment

P28's redline can not 8200rpms... Its got to be around 7k with a vtec crossover of 4600...I believe.

That means your ECU maps must suck if you needed a VAFC on top of that. I am not 100% on this, but maybe the stock H22 ecu would be better. All of the Civic, Integra ECUs need to be chipped.
                            Ummmm if its chipped then you can have the redline and vtec crossover at whatever you want it to be. But stock I do believe 8200rpms is the redline. At least that what my buddy said all of the h22 with p28s he has installed has had.
                            Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                            registration is free

Comment

So can anyone actually give me any real helpful information to get my car back in running order? Aside from "You should get a P2X" or "they did you a favor" will someone please tell me what the hell a P28 is, and where the hell I can get one, and who the hell can put it in, and if just installing it will fix the car!!!

Originally posted by fac90
                              It seems that someone that you may know stole your stuff.
                              And why would you say that? Do you know something I should know??? Why becuase they took a computer device? Again, why did you say this?

Comment

Originally posted by t4johnson20
                                So can anyone actually give me any real helpful information to get my car back in running order? Aside from "You should get a P2X" or "they did you a favor" will someone please tell me what the hell a P28 is, and where the hell I can get one, and who the hell can put it in, and if just installing it will fix the car!!!
                                SO far from reading the thread there was only 1 helpful thread, so I have to step in to help a fellow cb7/h22 out. ok I had almost same setup as you (SAFC II indtead of an VAFC) I have a chiped JDM auto P13 ECU( the computer that came with the JDM h22A engine) "chiped"=an microchip custom burn with program(no speed limit, higher rev, more fuel) that replace your stock computer chip(u have top open your ecu and remove the chip and install the new one). Other people get diff ECU like P28,P72...beacuse it easier to burn program for them then the (Jdm H22A stock ECU (P13). IF you have only I/H/E mods and maybe cam then your stock H22A fuel injector (340cc) would be enough to supply fuel. your engine runing problem is due to open wiring due to your missing VAFC.read below.

**now this should help with your current problem. My SAFC v2 was stolen too and my car was barely able to run because of the map sensor wire that was going to the SAFC, now has no way to return back to the P13 ECU computer( the SAFC act as an bridge that modify the map signal then send to the ECU). You will need to connect the maps signal wire(blue) to the ECU directly like stock wiring(as if no VAFC was ever install). you will need to reconnect your vtec signal wire back to your ECU also to get it working. I did not due my own SAFC wiring a shop did it and I'm glad they did. They use shield butt connector on each end of the wiring so All I had to do was diconnect the (blue) maps signal wire to the SAFC harness and remove the (blue/white) wire from the SAFC harness to the ECU. And then reconnect the maps wire directly to the ECU(bypassing the SAFC hardness. and the car run fine now(well it use more fuel since I have bigger then stock fuel injector).

**Any1 once else with an VAFC and did their own wiring will be able to give you more precise wiring color and information on rewiring, my example on wire color was from my SAFC and has no Vtec control (my chiped stock JDM P13 already lower my vtec rpm x-over )
                                90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                                < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

Working...
                                X