Installed MSD 6AL... impressions *pics*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
    This is the sort of thing that I'd most certainly expect someone that installed their own MSD setup to know. Too bad I can't find my captain obvious pic right now...
    You'd be surprised at questions I get and have seen. The real question you should ask yourself is...how many times have people slapped on parts they see advertised to do some sort of function, take it literally or what not and then wonder why it don't work or their engine blew up, etc?!?!

Sometimes playing captain obvious isn't obvious enough for some...then again you "obviously" know this already...don't you
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

hemlockz

have u ever run u car at the track if so what numbers do u run with ur setup and how are u shifting at 7200rpm do u have a chip ecu or something

H23vtec
      Kee Built/Tuned

87x95 11.7 compression, custom h22 intake, minor head port polished, 70mm tb, 3inch cold air/3inch vstack, stock cams,ebay header with 3inch collector,3inch exhaust.

9.0's at 81mph in the 1/8th mile ohh how i miss my baby.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
        You'd be surprised at questions I get and have seen. The real question you should ask yourself is...how many times have people slapped on parts they see advertised to do some sort of function, take it literally or what not and then wonder why it don't work or their engine blew up, etc?!?!

Sometimes playing captain obvious isn't obvious enough for some...then again you "obviously" know this already...don't you
        Dude, people are dumb as hell and I know it... all too well. Example... someone once asked me how to set ignition timing and wanted to do it without a timing gun...once I told him what one was and that he needed it. He said "I just turned the crank to 15 deg. cause I don't wanna buy one of those". Hemlockz isn't one of those. I just thought that since he did so well on his own install the first time he would know something like that. If you're pissed go have a beer... I'm not out to agitate anyone that doesn't deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by ssaccord92
          hemlockz

have u ever run u car at the track if so what numbers do u run with ur setup and how are u shifting at 7200rpm do u have a chip ecu or something
          Its just a PT6 ecu from a 93 EX 5 speed... probably will be for sale soon when i get a p06. It revs into the 7000s, and no speed limiter that I have discovered. I used to get a fuel cut at 110 when I had the LX ecu. I ran out of road after accellerating from 0 - 124mph with the pt6. The engine took it like a champ... the brakes were hurtin though after slowing down into 4th gear range, and fading fast.

...but hey, like hondafan81 said you gotta be careful with those downshifts. I would have definetly blown something in my engine if I downshift at that high of a speed. )

hold on to your butts

Comment

Originally posted by hemlockz
            Its just a PT6 ecu from a 93 EX 5 speed ... and no speed limiter that I have discovered. I used to get a fuel cut at 110 when I had the LX ecu. ...

FYI the LX has a lower speed limiter because of the OEM 70-series tires. The EX I think probably came originally with H-rated tires --- rated for 130mph.
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

no startup problems since installing this... but its also been warmer out... but I think it helps.

hold on to your butts

Comment

Working...
              X