Header Pipe ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Header Pipe ????

Is there a difference in a EX aftermarket header from a lx or dx meaning why cant i buy a header for a EX model and put it on my lx whats the difference cause header listed says ex only and i wanna know what makes the difference anyone that can answer this question please Post here cause im about to buy a header but if it is a big problem to bolt it on i wont get it thanks in advance ....cya

-Sean- Noxidea
    Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

DX/LX has a single pipe coming from the exhaust manifold; the EX/SE has two.

Comment

ex headers are a 4-2 design and the dx/lx go from 4 header pipes to the 1 single downpipe....so its a 4-1 design.....if you have an dx/lx....and wanted an ex header then you'd have to swap the downpipe along with the header and modifiy o2 sensor wire, hope this helps.
      Originally posted by fizzbob7 i think the "jdm everything" craze is funny........it's the same thing, a fad.......and an overpriced one at that
      Originally posted by uncle_el believe it or not, this forum is not about you or your post count. it's about providing relevant information and exchanging it with one another, in order to help build a community. if you don't like that, please leave.

Comment

well if your going with aftermarket you may as well get the ex since you'll probably be buying the downpipe and header as a package
        Originally posted by fizzbob7 i think the "jdm everything" craze is funny........it's the same thing, a fad.......and an overpriced one at that
        Originally posted by uncle_el believe it or not, this forum is not about you or your post count. it's about providing relevant information and exchanging it with one another, in order to help build a community. if you don't like that, please leave.

Comment

Thanks

For some reason i noticed some moron companies saying that the headers they are selling witch is a 2 peice design sold together is only for EX i think they are a little clueless about there own products ..thanks again
          -Sean- AKA NOxIDEA
          Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

Originally posted by noxidea
            For some reason i noticed some moron companies saying that the headers they are selling witch is a 2 peice design sold together is only for EX i think they are a little clueless about there own products ..thanks again
            -Sean- AKA NOxIDEA
            Well these companys want to make bolt-ons that are the simplest to install for the customer, they dont want to make a product where you have to modify alot of stuff just to get it to work...ie the EX header is made to bolt up directly to an EX with no modification, but yes the EX header will fit the lx model with some modification...
            -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
            -1993 Accord EX SOLD
            -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
            -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

think about the o2 sensor as well guys
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

would this fit my ex-r?

-Jonny

My FS Thread

Comment

it will fit but look at the placement of the os sensor its on the top half of the header the ex is in the bottom half youll have to extend the wires from the o2 sensor id just buy a good name brand one youll be much happier and the o2 sensor will be in the right spot.
                  im finally back in a cb7 its like coming home.lol
                  93 ex accord coupe h22 SOLD
                  90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                  91 se accord 4 door SOLD
                  92 lx accord coupe SOLD
                  93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                  92 ex accord 4 door h22 SOLD
                  93 ex accord 4 door auto SOLD
                  92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

Working...
                  X