Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F22A1 Blown HG. Easy swap stuff to put on while the head is off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22A1 Blown HG. Easy swap stuff to put on while the head is off?

HG pushing combustion into the cooling system. Going to grab a good head to put on since i need to get this done in a weekend. I have a 93LX with the F22a1. Just wondering what easy parts i can swap for this motor that i can pull off the donor while i'm at the jy. Definitely be doing the A6 intake swap since i'll have that stuff off anyways. How about the head? Be doing this in the next couple days, so i dont have much time to research as i know this probably comes up alot.

Thanks
    Shawn
    93 Accord LX - Bought for $200 from my neigbor Cracked head
    1988 Mustang GT with T-tops. Currently waiting for some body work. Turbo H/C/I Car

get a intake heatshield gasket thingie
    rear motor mount inserts?
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Not worried about motor mount inserts. Heat shield for the intake manifold "thingy"?
      1988 Mustang GT with T-tops. Currently waiting for some body work. Turbo H/C/I Car

Comment

Welp, pulled the head and took it to the machine shop and the head is cracked, so i'm doing the F22b1 swap on it. Getting just about all the stuff for $120 and i can trust that the head was fine when he pulled it of cause it's a local guy on our board who is trustworthy.
        Last edited by StukThrtl; 10-31-2005, 07:07 PM.

Comment

f22a6 head and intake manifold ownz f22a1 head and manifold. Make sure you get the f22a6 ecu too.
          My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Doing a F22B1 swap on it as i said

Comment

hey thats got vtec so you might wanna be aware of that....

Comment

Yea, i found a lot of good info on this site. thx

Comment

I heard the f22b head doesn't help any(power adder that is) and wiring vtec to work right is a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by 92HondaEX
                    I heard the f22b head doesn't help any(power adder that is) and wiring vtec to work right is a pain.
                    im sure he meant the JDM DOHC f22b or h23 head....forget that 5th gen head....more work than gains

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                    11.68 @ 127mph
                    417whp/375wtq
                    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
                      im sure he meant the JDM DOHC f22b or h23 head....forget that 5th gen head....more work than gains
                      yup...someday I'm gonna build a motor with a h23 head and intake mani swap...

Edit: Btw, how did your dyno come out?

Comment

water pump timming belt...might as well. rear cooling hoses that are super soft or super hard should be changed too cause those are the hardest to get
                        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I'm putting a SOHC Vtec F22b1 in it. Head and everything are already off the car and i'll have the parts tomorrow.. not that much work really. just time consuming

Comment

Originally posted by StukThrtl
                            I'm putting a SOHC Vtec F22b1 in it. Head and everything are already off the car and i'll have the parts tomorrow.. not that much work really. just time consuming
                            Eww...sorry.

Comment

No need

Comment

Working...
                              X