No announcement yet.

Gas Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resurrected! Okay so i think my gas light doesn't work because I filled up the other day (i knew i was really low but didn't know how low) and my car took 15.759 gallons! More then I have ever had to put in. Usually I put in like 11 or 12 to fill up. I was broke so i pushed my luck. So my question is why doesnt my light work? Is it a 'simple' as a bulb being burnt out? Has anyone had this problem and fixed it? How did you do it?
    PM me if you found this!!

Comment

Could be that the previous owner ran on the light far too many times. My uncle likes to drive his Accords to EMPTY. I mean EMPTY empty. He's told me that after driving with the light on for so long, it eventually just bruns out. Just a guess on my part. The light didn't work on my last car though either (93 LX).
      Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
      D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
      ┴─┴
      ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

my car is weird.. for the longest time since we had the car when it was brand spankin new.. the gas light never worked.. and ive taken my car to where the needle is near the E...

3 years ago the gas light actually started glowing when im gettin closer to the last line.

Comment

Out of interest fellas, How does your fuel gauge indicate from Full to Empty over a tank full. I know they're not an precise indicator but mine tends to Hover around the Full mark for a while, slowly drops to 3/4 then drops faster between 3/4 and 1/2. Hovers around 1/2 a while then drop from 1/2 to Fuel Light On faster. It hasn't really bothered me because I generally work of the principle of getting 25 mpg to give me a good indication of how much fuel I've got to play with.

Comment

my accord 91 lx has a 17.2 gallon tank and the gas light comes on when i have 2 gallons left but i have a new cluster (different year) so it doesnt anymore....it says all of this in the owners manual
            My Ride17.34 @ 78mph with 260k on her

Comment

def go to owners manual, it is 2 gallons
              My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

Working...
              X