Wiring Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring Issues

Okay so today i hooked up my cd player, and a certain wire touched the top of the deck and poped sum sparks right. Well i blew 1 fuse, and thats all, I went over every single 1 there is. Well i go to turn on my lights becuz its gettin dark now, and my in-dash (gauge cluster lights) and my tail lights/license plate lights, reverse lights arent working. Idno wtf had happened!? So on the way 2 my gpa's house i get pulled over 2diff times bcuz of no tail lights, and i have no clue wtf the problem is seeing as if all my fuses are good! Any ideas

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
    ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
    ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

I'd go through all the fuses again in the car, espically the ones under the hood. Take them out and physically inspect them.
    Seattle Silver crew #5
    Member of the Midwest Car Club.
    ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

O believe me, under the hood i added 9 brand new fuses, and put 4brand new 1's in where the box sits in the drivers side. I really dk wat it could be unless its an issue wiring in my steering column? =/ Thatd mean id have to go out and buy another steering column.. That would suck.. but im out of ideas and idk wat 2 do man.. i do tonz of night driving and i cant keep getting pulled over bcuz my stupid tails!

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
      ALOW1, TheNextAZN

ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

hmm i dont know if its true but someone told me thier are other fuses that are buried somewhere up in the dash by the steering column, other than that i dunno u checked the fuses by the driverside near the floor on teh left? good luck man!
        ]

Comment

Yeah check all the fuses, it seems you might of blown the dimmer(parking light wire)fuse. there is a wire in the main harness thats the parking light wire, this is the one that dims the display when you turn you parking lights on, its a red/black wire on the harness,make sure that wire is still not grounding out.

Comment

Hmm... ive never heard of there being fuses being burried sumwhere near the steering column? Weird... owell ive checked everything -- this sucks

Hmm that could b it too... but idno where that wire is located?
            Last edited by xwade01; 10-16-2005, 11:45 PM.

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
            ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Comment

AirRide you kno of sumwhere i could get a pic, or u could explain it to me? I need to get the shit fixed asap, as stated above.. i do lots of night time driving.. thanks man!

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
              ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Comment

Pull the radio out and see if u hooked up the red/black wire, if u did disconect it and put tape or a crimp cap on it u dont need it if your radio doesnt have an illumination wire(orange) and then go under the hood and check all the fuses there and then go to the driver kick panel and check all the fuses there 2, for sure you have a blown fuse, try that

Comment

Also a point of thought if your interior lights on the dach dont come on your tail lights will also not work, only your brake lights will work but not the parking lights on your tails, chack to see if when you press on the brakes your tail lights come on.

Comment

I kno for a fact, that my tail lights dont work when the brakes are pressed on. I let my friend drive my car around n i followed on his bike. Its a red/black wire, i dont think i have one of those hooked up? I mean it all worked before the purple speaker wire hit the top of the cd deck. =/ *** wiring!!!

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                    ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Comment

Im going to sleep. I will check back tomorrow, and I will TRY to find that wire ur talking about. Thanks for the help AirRide, and Im pretty sure all my fuses are good. But wont hurt to make a 3rd check. After all the 3rd times the charm right? Later man

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                      ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Comment

Hm.. i checked for that wire didnt seem to find any red/black wire hooked up to anything. And yet still all my fuses are good. Idno wat else the prob could be =/ This sucks cuz tonight i got pulled over AGAIN! Bahh this shit is starting to bug the hell out of me

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                        ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Comment

Okay so this is really much a PITA!!!! I cant figure out the fuckin problem n its really starting 2 piss mee off! I got pulled over yet again tonight.. starting to get realllly annoying, so i kno sum1 knows wats up or has sum advice

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                          ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Comment

um BUMP!

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                            ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Comment

did you check those fuses one of these guys were talking about that are near the steering column? they do infact exist...i always would see them when i had to chill under my dash during my alarm install, haha

Get a FREE PLAYSTATION 3 before anyone else can!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X