HEater noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HEater noise

So it's that time of the year down here in canada to put on the heater, so on my way back home tonight my gurl decided to turn on the heater , it works fine but an annoying sound was coming from the front passenger side underneath the glove box, sound was really annoying, it's like a buzzing sound. THe higher u put on the heater the louder it gets so i'm wondering what can be causing this problem and after i turned it off the vents still blow hot air out, i'm really clueless on this issue, do i have to replace my heater blower?? why does it still blow hot air out even do the heater is off did i blow something else?? anyone incounter did problem before??

hmm that's a good question, I don't think you have to replace the whole thing... maybe just part of it? IDK to me it sounds like the the actual heater fan just needs to be oiled or something?
    Originally posted by rickyduckworth
    i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

Heres what you do. To solve the problem of that annoying buzzing sound..it could be that something as simple as an acorn got stuck in there (trust me its happened before).

All you do is you remove the windshield wiper cowl (the black peice) and there should be a rectangular vent on the passenger side of the vehicle stick your arm down there and you should be able to feel the blower fan its basically round and draws air from where that compartment is, have someone turn on the fan or heater so you can clear it up.

And voila hopefully that annoying buzzing noise has been solved.
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

this is messed up still, so tried the heater again this morning its work fine no buzzing sound this time, but heats still blows even do the heater is off, anyone know what can be causing this problem???

Comment

Check the vents or the climate control unit...the Accords are nitorious (nitorious BIG yall) for basically failing to close the heating vent and switchin to cooler air

:edit:

when mine failed..oh man I had a hell of time having to manual switch it by hand , I had to open the hood find where the heater control knob cable went to and manual switch it to hot or cool.

How rigged was that lol
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Quick question, the hood cowl is the part that the wiper blades screw onto right? 6 or so clips hold in down right?

It's #15 in the pic, and the clips holding it are #23 or #24? Which one? So I just pop them out and then remove the cowl right? I popped a few out and broke them in the process so which # do I need to get to replace them?

Comment

ttt?

Comment

Majestic shows:

#23 (6) CLIP, ANCHOR
                #24 (7) CLIP, COWL TOP
                Which makes it sound like #24 is needed. So there should be 7 total. I'd have to go and check.
                '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

I bought #24 today and they popped in. Some of them didn't go all the way in so I'll take a rubber hammer to them and see. There are 2 under the wiper arm so I'll have to remove the arms to get to them. Might as well respray the wiper arms while they are out if yours are faded like mine

Comment

Working...
                  X