Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Pedal Sticking *911*SOS*!!!!!

-Before you read this is my spec: H22a swap, Automatic, Short ram intake-

I was driving down 5th avenue today and trying to beat the light so I floored the gas pedal then I let go, but the gas pedal stayed on the floor. So I step on the brake gradually and then the car slow down and the pedal came back up. Then I tried it again on an empty street it was fine but I didn't push it as hard cause I was scared.

Luckily there were no pedestrian or other cars in the way. I was scare as hell. Has anyone experience this problem or have any idea what may cause this to happen, please help this is really serious

check the pedal smoothness with the car off and see if it sticks.. lube up where necessary or see if anything worn or damaged.. check and see if theres a kink in your throttle cable and make sure theres nothing preventing it from working properly in your engine bay..

Comment

Also, check the air intake valve on the throttle body. That might need to be lubed up.
      2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
      JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
      My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

Spray the throttle cable and throttle ring on the hook where it goes onto the throttlebody with some wd40 its probably dried up. Then if that doesnt work with the car off play with the throttle ring where the little part goes onto the throttlecable see if it jams up from time to time maybe it hooks onto shit thats what mine does from time to time but it doesnt really stick. Just do that and you should be fine.

Comment

make sure it's not getting stuck under ur floormat. that's really all i can think of that no one else has covered

Kris
          Ugly Car Racing

1998 Dodge Neon ACR Coupe
          2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4

FS REAL Japanese License Plates - 70$ per set or 40$ a piece -- ask for free shipping within the continental US

Comment

damn in queens , whoa now you damn lucky nothing bad happened. Yeah i'd be shittyin myself too with that DOHC

I'm with the above with the floormat or im guessing the throttle cable is somewhat loose , was the bracket attached using the correct holes? im sure there 3 holes to mount to holding the cable adjustment backet on the intake manifold

I can picture you hitting the pedel and a loose cable whiping off the throttle body holding it WOT untill you hit it again or something out of lucky shit , it went back to its track giving you the pedel back saving your ass.
            Show:94 Honda Accord Ex-L Coupe

Daily :boosted '94 Volvo 855 T-5 Wagon

Member # 666
            --------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by limgo
              make sure it's not getting stuck under ur floormat. that's really all i can think of that no one else has covered

Kris
              You and another person is right, I was checking the thottle cable, lubing it up and the whole nine, with the car off i depressed the gas pedal and I felt it getting stuck again then I discovered that my old oem accord carpet is kind of bent out of shape right where the pedal is.

So after all it was the carpet that almost totaled my car and even me.

Thanks for the reponse everyone

Comment

ROFL I knew that it was the carpet before even reading the post. Same exact thing happened to me when I was trying to get ahead of some traffic one time. Gas stuck and I panicked but I pulled it up with my foot. It was still hella scarey.

Comment

another piece of advice is... if for any reason the gas pedal sticks, and you start to panic, put the car in neutral, and/or then turn off the key. if nothing else, you can safely come to a stop, instead of speeding out of control.
                  Seattle Silver crew #5
                  Member of the Midwest Car Club.
                  ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

YEA mine did that too i tooke my foot and pulled it back out lol but i have another problem....

My gas pedal sticks out..like i put in reverse today adn i tried to push gas and i couldnt push pedal, then i got it lose and it since i pused so hard i hella revved it up...and my car hella loud, my moms like ummm wtf.. lol im like sorry? so any advice? i tried wd40 ima try again tonight i dont htink i put enough on
                    92 CB7 *Sold $3300 102K Miles 4 door LX

94 Del Sol *Baught $3300 80K Miles on chasis
                    and 60K miles on b18b1 motor swap

Comment

Originally posted by pocb7
                      You and another person is right, I was checking the thottle cable, lubing it up and the whole nine, with the car off i depressed the gas pedal and I felt it getting stuck again then I discovered that my old oem accord carpet is kind of bent out of shape right where the pedal is.

So after all it was the carpet that almost totaled my car and even me.

Thanks for the reponse everyone

WOOHOO i'm helpful even in a message forum dedicated to a car i don't have!! good thing it was a simple problem that didn't cost any money to fix, eh? haha

Kris
                      Ugly Car Racing

1998 Dodge Neon ACR Coupe
                      2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4

FS REAL Japanese License Plates - 70$ per set or 40$ a piece -- ask for free shipping within the continental US

Comment

Working...
                      X