straight pip on my cb7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

straight pip on my cb7?

is putin a straight pip on my 90 accord good or bad does it fuck up the motor is is it all just bull shit cuz iam thinkin of putin a straight pip on my car but ppl tell me that it fucks up ur motor so i wanted to ask my people at cb7 if its tru seein how we all here have the same kind of car and just wanted to know if it was a good thin or a bad thin iight my peep let me know watz good

Clicky!

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
      LMAO!!!

But no a straight pipe wont hurt anything on the cb7 or really any car for that matter. You'll lose just a little bit of down low tq, say before 3k but who races at 3k anyways. Besides sounding like a tractor, possible getting pulled over and failing emissions, if you have to take it, theres nothing bad about having a straight pipe.
      Last edited by koolkoreanked; 10-09-2005, 11:09 PM.
      Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
      registration is free

Comment

fuck that try to stay as quiet as possible unless you like gettin pulled over and ticketed by asshole pigs. LISCENCE AND REGISTRATION PLEASE!

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
          fuck that try to stay as quiet as possible unless you like gettin pulled over and ticketed by asshole pigs. LISCENCE AND REGISTRATION PLEASE!
          i agree with this...i have a straight pipe and my exhaust is way too loud and i have been dying to get my hands on an apexi ws2 because i have been pulled over too much and i go out of town a lot and spending 4 hours with that damn droning on the highway is terrible.

Comment

thanx for the feed back guys

Comment

on the noise side of things, i have a gutted cat, with a ws2 and its soooo quiet, except at WOT then you can hear my intake but not so much the exaust
              Seattle Silver crew #5
              Member of the Midwest Car Club.
              ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                gutted cats hurt performance, create turbulance and usually a bubbling noise......put a pipe in its place
                If your worried about inspection then have the cat welded over the pipe you put in its place. Makes for a stock look.
                Last edited by rickyduckworth; 10-11-2005, 02:05 PM.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by 90redaccord
                  is putin a straight pip on my 90 accord good or bad does it fuck up the motor is is it all just bull shit cuz iam thinkin of putin a straight pip on my car but ppl tell me that it fucks up ur motor so i wanted to ask my people at cb7 if its tru seein how we all here have the same kind of car and just wanted to know if it was a good thin or a bad thin iight my peep let me know watz good
                  Eww....gross. It sounds bad(ricey) and kills torque!
                  My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Originally posted by 92HondaEX
                    Eww....gross. It sounds bad(ricey) and kills torque!
                    Naw it doesn't kill tq. You just lose a little down low where in a race you'll never be anyways. I gained more tq everywhere when my exhaust started dumping right before my cat but thats my experience.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

Yeah, put a resonator or cat or something in it. Im running a 2.5" straight pipe, and its loud as fuck!

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                        or just break down and spend the money for a HIGH FLOW cat ($200+).....they work well too......sometimes better than a straight pipe
                        Yeah your right about that one. I've seen a car make close to the same power with a cat, without a cat and with cutouts. The cutouts made the most power of the three but is wayy illegal. I prefer a cutout on a v-8 and a test pipe, resonator and muffler on a 4 banger.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

Working...
                        X