Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine-tranny application question

hey guys just a quick question to ask.

will an auto tranny from a 90-93 fit into a 96 nonvtec motor...im pretty sure it will but just want to confirm...the guy says his 96 is not a V6 either...kinda confused me because i thought all 94-98 sohc were vtec...any way thanks for answering, Deryk.
    90 ex-r sedan, charcoal, 95 jdm h22, type S cams, Jun cam gears, Skunk2 valve springs, P28 chipped ecu w/ uberdata, cai, exaust, B&M fpr w/ gauge,mugen lip, 17' IWC wrapped with falken rubber, Bilstein hd, coilvers, black Leather, red/clear tails, Autometer gauges. More to come

yes it will fit i actually have a 97 tranny in my 92 dx
    92 accord dx....traded
    97 accord ex....traded
    93 civic si ....stolen
    96 tercel ....sold
    97 ek hatch b17 ..traded
    97 civic 4door b16 sold
    04 tsx traded ...for a honda coupe (top secret)

Comment

so there are 5th gen accords with sohc non-vtec and (non v6) engines?
      90 ex-r sedan, charcoal, 95 jdm h22, type S cams, Jun cam gears, Skunk2 valve springs, P28 chipped ecu w/ uberdata, cai, exaust, B&M fpr w/ gauge,mugen lip, 17' IWC wrapped with falken rubber, Bilstein hd, coilvers, black Leather, red/clear tails, Autometer gauges. More to come

Comment

Originally posted by Deryk999
        yep, same hp as ours...
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Any F series and H* series trannys can be interchanged.

*The only one that does not apply is the H22a4 (Type SH)

Comment

is there any rewireing to be done or any extra sensors?
            are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Are 96 and up obdII???????? and does that matter???? guy wants to know....basically putting my auto tranny into his 96 sohc non vtec.

Comment

???

Comment

No, there shouldn't be any extra sensors to wire up. As for the F22B2 (SOHC, nonVTEC), it pretty much blows. No better then the F22A1
                  Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                  ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Deryk999
                    DX/LX/SE - F22B2 (non-vtec)
                    EX - F22B1 - (vtec)
                    V6 - C27A4 - (non-vtec)

and to answer your question...yes, I do believe the 4th gen and 5th gen trans are interchangable
                    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

OBD II really didn't affect the auto transmissions on honda's. They have the same wiring 92-97. mainshaft speed sensor, countershaft speed sensor, and two sets of solenoids... through the years, honda improved the shifting on their autos so the later you can find, the smoother it should shift. also, the 91-93 wagon transmissions have a slighly higher final drive ratio.

Comment

Working...
                      X