DIY for heater core/blower removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY for heater core/blower removal?

Hey guys, anyone have a DIY for removing the Heater Core/Blower from behind the Glovebox?

I've got a nasty water leak on the passenger side and I've managed to trace it to back behind the glovebox *somewhere* but there's these two big black plastic units sitting back there when I take the glovebox out.

From what I know one of them is my Heater core/blower and the other is part of the A/C unit.

Anyone know how to get them off? Level of difficulty? What might be back there once I get behind them?

This water leak is driving me crazy
    "Vision without Action is a Daydream. Action without Vision is a Nightmare."

Is it water leaking or coolant? That would determine which plastic box it is.... I just gutted the entire AC & Heater core from my 90' LX and it's not hard at all... Just time consuming... Should take about 3-4 hours to remove it and put it all back toghter...
    Last edited by Laguna7; 10-07-2005, 07:53 PM.
    Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

Originally posted by Laguna7
      Is it water leaking or coolant? That would determine which plastic box it is.... I just gutted the entire AC & Heater core from my 90' LX and it's not hard at all... Just time consuming... Should take about 3-4 hours to remove it and put it all back toghter...
      Its water, rain water to be more precise. I can feel it collecting on the bottom of the unit on the right (closest to the passenger door) and it drips down from there and the bottom edge of the glovebox onto the passenger floor.

If it was just a little bit of water I wouldn't mind, but after a night's rain there's like 2-3 inches of water that pools on the passenger side floor
      "Vision without Action is a Daydream. Action without Vision is a Nightmare."

Comment

Your gonna have to Check Everything I.E.. Windsheild for leaks, Wiper cowl... Anything in the firewall area.... Dosen't sound like the Evaporator, It's possible but I doubt it...Well Good Luck..
        Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

Working...
        X