Tranny rebuild kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tranny rebuild kits?

My gears are grinding... so my synchros are going. 3 sometimes grinds, and 5 ALWAYS grinds unless I let it slow down first...

So, I want to rebuild the tranny... or try to. I'm hoping 92accordDX would take some time out of his busy schedule to help Being a UTI student, who has learned that stuff already, he could probably do it. If he can't, I'll find someone. I really don't want to pay a shop to do it!

Anyway, my real question is: where do I find kits? Are there upgrade kits availible for the H series transmission? I've heard of cars with carbon synchros... I really know NOTHING on this subject yet. I'm just learning.

Check out Gearspeed.com Honda tuning magazine recomends them and i called them once, for a rebuild with new internals and Carbon synchros and rebuild your LSD if you have one it costs about $1200 with a 2 day turnaround time or if you don't have an LSD they can add one for $1600 total cost from you. You may want to call though just to make sure.
    JDM H22a
    P2T4 tranny
    I/E, CM ultra-light flywheel and CM stage 1 clutch
    16x7 Rota C8's in bronze
    nitto neo gen, 205/50/16
    custom short throw shifter
    Tokico Illumina RAK Coilovers
    Power Stop Cross-Drilled Rotors, Honda Pads
    Honda Torneo Shift Boot and Knob

Comment

I too am in the need for some new synchros, damn 5th gear is lilling me ever since i got my car back.

Comment

3rd was the first to go, 5th is on it's way out and I think I'm begining to hear 2nd gear talk from time to time. for now I'm just going to go easy on it. untill I can etheir get it rebuilt or get a used one from the junkyard

I too have heard good things about www.gears-peed.com
        Last edited by pwrusr; 10-07-2005, 09:43 PM.
        ~~~~~~~

Comment

What is it with the H22 5th? That's 3 of us now!

I thought I killed mine because I would accelerate this way: 1st, 2nd, 5th 1 and 2 get me to the speed limit, and 5th is cruising.
          Last edited by pwrusr; 10-07-2005, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            What is it with the H22 5th? That's 3 of us now!

I thought I killed mine because I would accelerate this way: 1st, 2nd, 5th 1 and 2 get me to the speed limit, and 5th is cruising.
            That will mess up 5th's syncro pretty quick. I go through every gear as a habbit, and like to double clutch on most downshifts. I'm sure that's helped reduce ware a bit.
            ~~~~~~~

Comment

Rev matching saves manual trannies' synchros from abuse...(doesn't do shit when you done killing them tho)
              Last edited by KillerCam282; 10-07-2005, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Now i have to double clutch and pray to not grind 5th

Comment

Rev matching DOES eat the clutch though... that's also shot on my car.

It's the upshift that grinds... and waiting for the RPM to fall is no good when you're trying to go fast.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    Rev matching DOES eat the clutch though... that's also shot on my car.

It's the upshift that grinds... and waiting for the RPM to fall is no good when you're trying to go fast.
                    Quick shifting during rev matching eats clutches...

Comment

Well i grinded 3rd gear and lost my reverse also 5 gear always had problems with..
                      used h22 tranny from junkyard $1000.
                      Eric of Japan $700.
                      ACCORDEX92
                      CHICAGO,IL

H22A ACCORD

Comment

threads like this make me wish someone in the site to know how to rebuild trannys
                        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

5th gear almost always grinds on JDM H22a trannies because of a defective shifter fork. When you do a rebuild, there will be little wear on the 5th gear synchro. 3rd gear synchro most likely has a bit of wear. I have a 93 JDM H22a and I grind once in a while, but only because I was too quick with the pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord
                            threads like this make me wish someone in the site to know how to rebuild trannys
                            Jay has learned how at UTI. Now, getting him to actually use some of his precious free time to help DO it is another story! I'm sure he would, but I don't think I would have the heart to ask him... not unless I provided lots of beer and burgers, and we made a fun weekend of it!

Comment

have any of you tried tranny mesh

I had this problem also on my manual tranny, they peeps on the forum say to use GM synchotranny mesh. Wow 2 qts. and Im back to almost perfect I had to get some from the chevy dealer, my NAPA here doesnt carry it try it and post your results.
                              Mr. $3 Dollahz Himself!

Comment

Working...
                              X