Far as I know!

1. Timing Belt(s)
    2. A/C-Alternator Belt
    3. Balance Shaft Belt
    4. Balance Shaft Seal
    5. Power steering Belt
    6. Water Pump Assy.
    7. Any gasket(s)?

Local Mechanic is asking $500 for Timing belt change not including water pump. ($100)

So I might have to order the parts from U.S..

http://www.hondainfo.com/specials.html
    has timing belt kit for $151.50. Is it reasonable price?
    1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
    2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
    3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
    4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
    5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

get another mechanic. thats wayy too much..wut is a balance seal...i never replaced mine. u can find a good price for 300 bucks...even 400..but 500 u might as well go to the dealer.

well thats my opinon, ur forgeting coolant.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
      get another mechanic. thats wayy too much..wut is a balance seal...i never replaced mine. u can find a good price for 300 bucks...even 400..but 500 u might as well go to the dealer.

well thats my opinon, ur forgeting coolant.
      I live in Korea.. so I don't have many choice for different shops..

We still don't have offical Honda Dealer!!
      Next month or so.. finally Honda Dealer is planning to open
      in Seoul, Korea, and support only the cars.. sold by Honda
      Korea!!

Except only one model.. Daewoo Arcadia. which is same car as
      94/95 Legend Sedan.. 99.9% parts from Japan/assembled in Korea.
      Last edited by accordmaniac; 02-04-2004, 03:52 AM.
      2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
      4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*

Comment

i only changed my timing belt, balance belt and water pump. my other belts are ok for now, they are cheap anyway. it came to $300 CDN taxes in.
        Trites

1992 H23 powered CB7

Comment

Originally posted by accordmaniac

Wow. I didn't know they still made those. I wonder if it'd be cheaper to get brake calipers from over there......

Comment

Originally posted by NutBucket
            Wow. I didn't know they still made those. I wonder if it'd be cheaper to get brake calipers from over there......
            Genuine Honda parts are expansive in Korea.. 2x - compare to buying it from U.S.

Comment

I received e-mail reply from www.honainfo.com for
              timing belt kit and following parts are included..

Price: $151.50 + $5.00 (Shipping & Handling Per Order)

Timing Belt
              Counter bal belt
              Counter bal seal & retainer
              Water Pump
              Alt-A/c belt
              Power steering belt
              Valve cover gasket

Is it good price?
              Last edited by accordmaniac; 02-04-2004, 10:39 PM.

Comment

I'd say that's a decent enough price... but you're in Korea. There's about a 15% premium right now for you guys on dollars. That's up to around $184 and international shipping. (These are figures that Hondaifo.com probably didn't account for. I'm thinking of exchange rates and the like. Remember, it costs money to get money. All they'd want is the $150, but you have to get it.... which is where the exchange rate premium factors in.)

Although, come to look at it, it doesn't even offer international shipping....

If you do it yourself and run into any problems, even if you do manage to get all the parts, and you run into something that you're not expecting then you're shit out of luck. If I were you I'd take it to a mechanic that you know can do the work, just to avoid any nasty surprises.

I live 3 miles from a Honda dealer, if something goes wrong I've got a service counter I can run to for parts. It doesn't sound like you have this kind of arrangement.

Take 'er to a mechanic. If it costs you twice the going rate in America, then so be it. Economic goods are worth different things in different places.

Comment

I know it's way off topic, but I must ask... Is Honda affiliated with Daewoo? If so, where have I been!

Comment

quote:
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dude...I never knew Daewoo was actually affliated with Honda at one point nice...but they weren't the only electronics giant to venture into the world automotive business

Actually Daewoo also makes military vehicles for the Korean army ...they had backing from Hyundai the 1st automaker straight out of Korea to start making vehicles but then I think either Hyundai or Kia bought them out when they went bankrupt

Daewoo wasn't the only electronics giant to venture into the automotive world either...you guys may not have known that even Samsung went into the car business by joining with Nissan in Korea and taking the Infiniti version of the Maxima and rebaging it under a different name a couple of years back.

Kia used to make the now defunct Ford Aspire..they still do but now its sold under as a Daewoo Model I think...
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Yeah, I found out about Samsung last night after reading the Daewoo thing... Seems that the older version of the Maxima (released in Korea as a new model) was badged the Samsung MS-5 or something... I might have the name wrong. The sentra was similar, like the MS-3...

Turns out that the Arcadia was the only Honda-made Daewoo... Just as the Isuzu Rodeo and Trooper are actually the Honda Passport and Acura MDX (I think, I may be wrong on which Acura it was... the boxy one! )

I wonder what else Honda has made for other auto makers... I've heard of an affiliation with GM, but I never heard anything of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevergote

Turns out that the Arcadia was the only Honda-made Daewoo... Just as the Isuzu Rodeo and Trooper are actually the Honda Passport and Acura MDX (I think, I may be wrong on which Acura it was... the boxy one! )

I wonder what else Honda has made for other auto makers... I've heard of an affiliation with GM, but I never heard anything of it.
                        Actually...youd be disgusted..but the new performance Saturn Vue uses Hondas new V6 motor...sad but true I was apalled but then I read the reason...it was because Honda needed diesel engines from GM and in exchange GM accquired Hondas vtec motor..just stamped it as a saturn motor...

Small note the Acura MDX was actually Acuras first in house designed SUV...you meant the SLX which was actually an Isuzu Trooper just rebaged as a Acura
                        Last edited by HenRoc; 02-05-2004, 06:11 PM.
                        Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

Yeah, that was it... Wow, so Isuzu made them for Honda? I've been misinformed!

And yeah.. that does suck... Of course, I have a little more respect for the VUE now... So it's a GM VTEC?

Comment

Im just in awe and disgust..never knew theyd sell out to GM

Honda now makes their own diesels
                            Henry R
                            Koni/Neuspeed
                            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                            Legend FSM

Comment

Everybody repeat after me: comparative advantage.

My old economics professor had a jingle for it "you do what you do best and trade for the rest" (T. Rustici)

To me it says that Honda's got a good business head on their shoulders, which makes a nice compliment to the savvy engineers they employ.

Comment

Working...
                              X