Valve Stem problem with Rim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valve Stem problem with Rim

I have a problem with my rim its leaking....but not form the stem its leaking from the part where the stem meets the rims...and it looks like my stem u can tighten it..but i dont know...i dont wanna mess anything up..soo someone let me know if i can tighten it or if i have to go somewhere to get it fixed!!

pics..
    My Ride

DAMN PISTON RINGS!!!

its prob. the rubber boot on the other side of the rim that is torn/leaking

just take it to a tire shop and have them change out the stem for you.. simple really.

rotate and rebalance your tires while your at it...only if its been a while though.

Comment

it's a metal stem, so yes you can tighten it. the only problem is that some have to be tightened from the inside. try and see if the stem is actually loose from the outside. if so, try it and spray some water to see if it still leaks. if not just go to a tire shop and they'll do it for you. lates.
      Last edited by yoshi_h22a; 10-02-2005, 09:18 PM.

Comment

how sure can u bet that this is the problem...i cant just see if that the stem will tighten...to see what happens or dont touch it....im scared i will bust it..and then ill be screwed!
        My Ride

DAMN PISTON RINGS!!!

Comment

just take it to tire shop and tell them your problem. it's an easy fix.

Comment

ok thanks..guys ill let ya know when i get it fixed!
            My Ride

DAMN PISTON RINGS!!!

Comment

Working...
            X