another problom :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another problom :(

when i just hook up the ground side of the batt. (with out key on or even in the eng.switch) my cd player and some of my aftermarket gauges turn on, i think its a short some were, im just looking for a "...yea your right its a short" or a "....nope not a short but a......." any help would be cool
    My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

I'm not too sure but I know for my car when I touch back the ground wire the alarm goes off. If the guages and other aftermarket stuff still work fine then I dont think there's a problem

Comment

I would say that it is either a short or they were wired up incorrectly. Sounds like they were wired to a constant power instead of a switched power source.
      Originally posted by Junior Smurff
      Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

you said that only when they ground side is connected or are both ground a nd positive connected when this happens?

i dont see how there could be power to the components without haveing the positive battery cable connected.

if it is and they turn on when you connect the negative cable you have them wired incorrectly (probably to a constant power source. you need to wire them to a power source that only works when the ignition is on) or they are all running on the same fuse and there is a short to ground.
        lifes better in a wagon.

Comment

Working...
        X