Hydrolocked My Motor Using Seafoam!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydrolocked My Motor Using Seafoam!

Well, not really, but please read the usage directions on their page.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I was at Advance Auto today and the manager told me that he has heard of people hydrolocking their motors by using too much of it.

I don't want ever want to see any of you guys post this same topic, so proceed with caution.

Please read this page.

Thanks for looking...
    Last edited by TonK; 09-24-2005, 08:34 AM.
    My CB7

i would of yelled at you for stalling your engine...lol people DO READ! please! haha
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

the boy who cried wolf. later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
        the boy who cried wolf. later.
        You for real man? I think it's cool he took time to make a heads up instead of just letting people screw their stuff up, and before anyone says they'd deserve it for being stupid, no one deserves that. Not even the dude who put oil in there... Seriously.

Comment

one time with seafoam i was sucking it up with the break booster line and it stalled, was fine. also another time I ran it thru the line, and went to turn it off, but the motor kept sputtering, even though the inginiton system was off...ended up putting it in gear and letting out the clutch to stop it... probably wasnt a good thing, but I didnt care as the F burns oil and has 234k on it.
          Seattle Silver crew #5
          Member of the Midwest Car Club.
          ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

Originally posted by jumpman83
            You for real man? I think it's cool he took time to make a heads up instead of just letting people screw their stuff up, and before anyone says they'd deserve it for being stupid, no one deserves that. Not even the dude who put oil in there... Seriously.
            yea, it is def. a good heads up.
            Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Theres another thread in this forum about a member who royally fscked his engine because he was using seafoam (incorrectly I assume) but these stories tend to propogate unnecessary fears about it. I use it, and never had fears not to. Use it like it says on the bottle, how difficult is that?

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
              where you been, is something wrong?
              i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

i dont use the whole bottle...maybe a 1/4 of it....i think thats more than enough
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Only a 1/4 of the bottle? WTF kind of an idea is that?? I've used the entire thing in seconds on a number of cars without a problem. You'd have to pour that shit in REALLY fast to even come close to hydrolocking your engine. If anyone actually does succeed in hydrolocking their motor with seafoam or 44K or whatever they use, they are then a complete retard and should be restricted to only adding gas and windshield washer fluid to a car. For life.

Comment

Originally posted by jumpman83
                    Other than the fact that zigenballz already covered this a LONG TIME AGO!!!!

Use the SEARCH feature.
                    "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
                    sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
                    Did work for: jhoff_cb7
                    Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

It makes sense to me. Anything that is capable of cleaning your engine probably has an insanely low octane. I am not a big fan of this product because I feel in the long run it will do more harm than good. Besides nothing beats a real engine teardown and clean up.

Comment

hahaha maybe i should make a post to remind everyone to not stick their hands on their heat shield.

And that still makes me laugh, "race car" "car buildeR" ROFL!
                        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                          hahaha maybe i should make a post to remind everyone to not stick their hands on their heat shield.

And that still makes me laugh, "race car" "car buildeR" ROFL!
                          I wonder what kind of laughing we are doing here...

Comment

You for real man?
                            not really, its a little humor. later.
                            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

if u overdo it then u getting ur spark plags wet and ur piston rings wet. if ur piston rings get wet then there will be no compresion and the ar wont' start. there are ways that u can fix that.....
                              are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Working...
                              X