Black bumper syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black bumper syndrome

As we all know,many import fanatics eventually end up putting I/H/E on their cars.Prior to the accord I own now I owned a white CB7 with these mods.Whenever I washed my car I would always end up wiping a thin film of black soot off the bumper.For those who washed their cars less frequently the build up was really noticable.I was wondering if this was caused by a lean condition at top end.Would an aftermarket Fuel pressure regulator solve this problem? I have heard different things any comments/suggestions/info would be appreciated.

it happens to the best of us is it a stock muffler or a aftermarket cause sometimes water or moister will get in there and from start-up it will just splat and spit in on there and while you driver perhaps and when it heats up on there it stains it its normal. unless you smell unburnt fuel back there dont sniff up too much fumes

Comment

Thanks for your input h22sparkle, but I dont think it is a problem with moisture.I know you all have seen it when you are racing someone, and they get on it, when they shift a light burst of charcoal gray smoke may may come from the exhaust.I am not sure what kind of burn this is caused by.As I said before I owned a white accord previous to the one I own now and I would get a light buildup of "soot" after a while. I would always check my oil but it was never low so I dont contribute this to rings or something related to that. This does not happen at idle, only higher in the rev range and more noticably when shifting.As far as the moisture goes I am familiar with this, but usually when the car gets warm this goes away.Anyone else?

Comment

would that be carbon deposits?
        2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
        2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Carbon deposits, a bit more rich mixture because of the WOT condition... probably.

Don't forget, it is exhaust

Comment

ok, so adding more fuel to the mix should help out any lean conditions at top end.But how is this done w/o making things to rich on the bottom. Someone once told me a B&M type fuel pressure regulator could help with these conditions?

Comment

our cars definetly don't have a lean condition from the factory... you would want to lean it out if anything
              HSHO #3

Comment

lean from factory?

Of course our cars do not tend to run lean from the factory, but with the addition of I/H/E more air is being drawn in and exhausted through the motor. Now, I am no expert but I know that with more air you need to have gas as well, otherwise your car could run too lean on top.You need to correct your air/fuel ratio.Racers sometimes like to run lean on top for many reasons,all of which I do not know, but I do know I dont have the kind of budget to tear down a motor every month to make sure all is well.
                So with more air we need more fuel but what is the best way to achieve this.Bigger cc injectors?Higher flow fuel pump? Fuel pressure regulator,which would allow you to increase your fuel pressure to your rail and your injectors?

Last edited by AlphaB188; 01-29-2004, 01:36 AM.

Comment

This is a picture of a Holley Fuel pressure type regulator for accords.AEM,B&M, and Aeromotive also make fuel pressure rebulators.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X