opening up the dual runners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opening up the dual runners?

hey i was just talking to my friends roomate and he said that on his h23 lude he had the dual runners in the IM. he said he took off somekind of butterfly and plugged up the vacuum hose and it left the dual runners open all the time. he said he lost some low end torque but he gained power at about 3k. does this sound right. is it something to look into for us a6 IM guys? sorry if its been covered before

power difference comes in at 4800...anything else is your imagination
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
      power difference comes in at 4800...anything else is your imagination
      lol!!!

there is a reason honda set the ecu to open the butterflies at 4800
      People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
      The world needs to be reset.

Comment

yea but he is saying that he left them open all the time. wouldnt that let more air through at every rpm range?

Comment

Yes this has been covered several times, and no it is not worth it. If it was that easy to make more power Honda would have designed it that way to begin with. Anyone that says that "they felt a difference", I have something to say to you....its all in your imagination. The IMTV works great just the way it is...so don't even mess with it.
          00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

k thanks guys, im not touchin em

Comment

I leave mine open i dont care what anyone says it feals better around 3500 and the low end isnt any worse (or i didnt feal it) the motor def sounds meaner

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
              bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Working...
              X