Clutch pedal to the floor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch pedal to the floor?

Ok guys, so i have my f22b in, and i connected the shifting cables and the hydraulic line for the clutch(the banjo bot).So i put brake fluid fluid in the reservoir, i opende up my bleeder valve, and i slowly pumped away(it says it in the manual).Well, i'm left with 1/4 of brake fliud in the bottle and my clutch still stays on the floor.I've tryed itr with the bleeder valve opned and close, with the pedal depressed,you name it i've tried it but still no pedal.Am I missing something?Any help would be greatly appreciated,i wanna drive this baby this weekend, i'ts been 1 month without driving it:sadface:

ILBB
    People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
    The world needs to be reset.

haha your not bleeding it correctly. You have to unscrew the bleeder valve about half a turn or so, put a hose on the nipple that leads into a small cup a brake fluid. Have someone push the clutch pedal down. Tighten the screw back, have the person pull the clutch pedal back up. Repeat till you don't see any air in being pushed into the cup of brake fluid. Make sure the reseviour don't get too low, continue to top it off.

After about 4 minutes or so of that procedure tighten the bleeder back and have the passenger pump the clutch to test pressure.

I've found a way to do it by yourself without the use of any extra tools but its difficult to do and difficult to explain.
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Make sure you tighten it good each time too. I think it's like a 9mm fitting on there. If you don't have anyone to help you then you will have a fun 30 minutes bleeding it right.

Comment

Alright thanx guys for the help guys.yeah i was doing it by my self.I'll have to wait till my dad get home tonight so we try that.By the way its 8mm.

ILBB
        People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
        The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Actually dude its a 8mm and you must bennch bleed it take some hose that is clear that will be snug around the opening of the bleeder valve . Then put some brake fluid in the cup to make sure its at even level and have someone pump the pedal who isnt lazy and you bleed it make sure there arent bubbles in the line line and you should be straight as long as the pedal holds pressure.

Comment

Midnite is right loosen the bleeder screw only till pedal is on the floor then pull it back up!

WaC!

Comment

Working...
            X