help me smoke from intake mani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help me smoke from intake mani

my intake manifold has smoke aorund it idk where its from and cant really describe the smell the car runs fine and is staying cool can someone help me out. its a white kinds steam and it kinda smells sweet but the antifreeze level hasnt dropped also this morning it was letting some white smoke out the exhuast can some one help me out

95% its a blown headgasket

ILBB
    People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
    The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
      95% its a blown headgasket
      Could it be a headgasket going out? He said that his car is staying cool and running fine.

I have a feeling your headgasket is going.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
      91 accord lx (5spd)
      92 accord lx (5spd)
      93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

yea its going out. it is now letting some coolant burn ewveryoncce in a while. it really sucks i just had my new exhust put on... anybody have tips for headgasket replacement... im ready for a car replacement but my wallet isnt..

Comment

do you plan on diy?if you do,word of advice:lock the flywheel.Good luck

ILBB
          People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
          The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
            do you plan on diy?if you do,word of advice:lock the flywheel.
            Why?

Midwest car club

Current rides:
            91 accord lx (5spd)
            92 accord lx (5spd)
            93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

id look at the problem a bit more closely first.

first id try to clean up the rear area of the manifold to see if you can find where its comming out. let it run and see if u see fluid around a certain point.

sometimes you will find that a small drop falls somewhere else (coolant) and burns but its hard to find that.

you can also do a pressure test on the radiator, if there is a leak you will see the pressure drop and the leak as well.
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
              X