shit, too much oil....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shit, too much oil....

so i posted earlier about how my car wasn't starting cause and i thought it was the distributor. but today i checked the oil because there is a leak under the car. i'm over by about half a quart, and it's been leaking for the past 3 days.

could this be my problem or what?

ok so i checked the timing belt, no oil on it, and it appears to still be intact. i cant get a good view of it though, i'm looking at if from the side with the valve cover off.

also it wasn't oil that was leaking, it appears to be anti-freeze, which might've been when i put to much water in and it squirt out some antifreeze. nothing looks terribly wrong with the valve cover off, i'm thinking the seals around the spark plugs are bad though because there was some oil on my spark plugs. i drained some oil though(black as...something funny)

so, maybe it was just the dizzy?

Comment

any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by jboyce
        any ideas?

that half of quart of oil wouldn't make your car not start... probaly wouldnt hurt it at all

Comment

My thoughts exactly, look elsewhere.

Comment

usually when u overfill u burn it. the crank hits the oil in the pan and splashes it to the piston rings and then u'll start seeing smoke. half quart might not do that tho. also the oil will start foaming and ur oil pump cant pump foam. this can cause problems. but half quart wont do that i think... that aint that much.

Comment

Originally posted by SenseiAccord
              usually when u overfill u burn it. the crank hits the oil in the pan and splashes it to the piston rings and then u'll start seeing smoke. half quart might not do that tho. also the oil will start foaming and ur oil pump cant pump foam. this can cause problems. but half quart wont do that i think... that aint that much.
              if you overfill slightly that will happen, but after that oil just gets churned and oil quality goes down fast. like you said about the foam.

i doubt ur problem was related to oil at all.
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

if the car doesn't start then follow the procedure. u should know better by now
                are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Working...
                X