Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zipcreature's F22a1 Death

Dear fellow Tuner, Thats you

I have a F22a1 engine which I destroyed by oil starvation. There was a loud knocking inside of it.
    Anyways I've got this junked engine sitting around and want ideas what to SAVE from it.
    Should I throw it all away? Should I keep the engine is it worth building up? Advice is appreciated.

- Camshaft & gear for Delta regrind
    - Springs? Rocker arms?
    - Oil Pan (may need an extra one day)
    - Valve Cover to polish
    - TB for Maxbore.com

What else should I consider saving? Is there anything someone might want from this?

- Zipcreature
    Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Sure someone will want something. I tried to save the pistons from my old f22, and soaked them in water, forgot about them and they were covered in barnacles... I finally got one cleaned up and trashed the others. For anyone thinking that drinking water is safe... your wrong!

Did you put another f22 in?

Comment

I am sorry for you loss. I say keep it for a future buildup. Get another one to use for now. And make sure when you build that engine up you buy a new Taco Bell.

Comment

If the crank isn't raped, you should be able to rebuild the whole thing and create a monster.

Something I'm quite fond of.

EDIT: Barnacles!! Shit...that's funny. And alarming.

Comment

You dropped teh tranny before pulling the motor? weird. SAVE ALL SENSORS. save anything connected to teh head. save the head. and everything in it. anything electrical. and the oil pan ofcourse. id just throw the bare block away. oh, and save the t belt and balance shaft belt tensioner and pulleys....

Comment

Wow! Killer responce ans so quick! Man you guys are freaking great! lol
            I do really appreciate all ya'lls help thus far! Keep it coming!

Aero2685 - Yup I have had the F22A since March. But this has been sitting around.
            AcclipseH23 - I was just going to fuck around and learn how to take the thing apart. The thought of building it up while it out of the car has ran through my mind! I just do not know anything about the internals of an engine. :-(
            Though I want to learn.
            DoctorCipher - How would I know about the crank? (haha I'm assuming your going to say something hard like TAKE EVEYTHING APRT)

- Zipcreature
            Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Thats the best platform to learn on. I learned how to rip apart a motor an a civic D15some crap. Its easy, have fun. Post pics too.

Comment

Originally posted by zipcreature
                Wow! Killer responce ans so quick! Man you guys are freaking great! lol
                I do really appreciate all ya'lls help thus far! Keep it coming!

Aero2685 - Yup I have had the F22A since March. But this has been sitting around.
                AcclipseH23 - I was just going to fuck around and learn how to take the thing apart. The thought of building it up while it out of the car has ran through my mind! I just do not know anything about the internals of an engine. :-(
                Though I want to learn.
                DoctorCipher - How would I know about the crank? (haha I'm assuming your going to say something hard like TAKE EVEYTHING APRT)

- Zipcreature
                Since you want to learn... keep this one around, and start taking it apart. Thats how I've learned everything I know about cars/motorcycles so far... take it apart, and you gotta learn how to put it back together. I really wish I had kept my old f22 around aswell.. it was in good condition but had to go due to the purchase of my motorcycle, and we had to be able to fit a car in the garage aswell. So just invest in an engine stand if you dont already have one, and just take it apart. Make sure to keep an oil film on all the parts or they start to rust very quickly.

Comment

hey man what caused oil starvation? just so I can learn from past problems.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                  "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                  "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Basically running low on oil in combination with the oil sloshing around under heavy acceleration is a good cause to oil starvation. Especially since our oil pans have no baffles to keep oil in place for the oil pump.

Comment

I tried using synthetic oil. I had no idea it would burn out. Next thing I know its 12am with a light rain and my oil light comes on.
                      Bone dry.

- Zipcreature
                      Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                        Basically running low on oil in combination with the oil sloshing around under heavy acceleration is a good cause to oil starvation. Especially since our oil pans have no baffles to keep oil in place for the oil pump.
                        thats not good
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

That is why moroso wants 300 dollars for an aluminimum kick out sump pan for our engines. Consider it to be "that insured Geico for your money" .

Comment

So wait, synthetic oil burns out faster?wtf?

Btw, save your motor.That's what i'm doing with mine.I just swaped the f22b in, and i'm keeping the f22a6 for a frankenstein f22a6/h22a4 Should be fun for the summer coming

ILBB
                            People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                            The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Working...
                            X