Stalled for the first time and now it wont start [help!]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stalled for the first time and now it wont start [help!]

Whats going on everyone? I became a member a little while back and have just been lurking since. Its terrible that my first post has to be one of such misfortune.

I was leaving my friends house, car started up as usual, i went down the street with only a 1-2 shift, then the clutch-in for the stop sign. The clutch was cold so a normal feather to get going was too little and i stalled out. I tried to start it right up after that and it wouldnt. Its got plenty of crank, its not struggling. And i checked all connections under the hood, i checked the fuel lines under and i checked the fuel pump for connections. I thought maybe it could be flooded so i let it sit for about a half hour and it still wouldnt start.

I got a ride home and the car is two neighborhoods over. I'm gonna go over there at 12:30am or so and try again with my pops.

Does anyone know what might be wrong so i can check when i go back over there?

The car is a 1990 cb7 LX. 84k on the clock. I'm the second owner and its mint.

thats weird...it has to be ignition related...and at 80k....

not sure exactly....ignition control module....distribitor...

try and reset the ecu see wut happends, i doubt it will change though....wish i can help...

do u hear a click when u put or car on the 3rd position ACC..on the key? that click is associated with the check engine light turning off...

when the check light turns off u will hear a click....tell me if u do or dont
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

not sure didnt really listen for that. but it didnt throw the CEL, and everything else happens like usual... just the firing part that its not doing ... quite frustrated. i'll try the ecu reset when i go back over.

Comment

listen for that click when the CEL turns off though...id bring ur voltage tester and a haynes book and start testing things.

check ur ecu fuse..haha really..
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

most likely the distributor... or your alternator is dead.

Comment

i reset the ecu.. yes i heard the click when the check eng light went out. still no start. alot of people are telling me fuel pump, lines, or filter... i left it where it is and i'm gonna get my neighbors across the street to look at it tommorrow. free mechanics.

Comment

yea now im thinking fuel related. u should get them to test how much fuel pressure is in ur system. good luck.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

What about the ignition kill switch on the clutch pedal? Maybe it's stuck or burned out?

(I don't have a manual trans Accord, so I don't know for sure... but I would assume it's got one of those so you can't start it unless the clutch is pressed in..)
                -Ryan-

My life is rated R.

Comment

it was the distributor. i replaced it today. starts right up like nothing happenned.. thanks for all your help... i gotta start posting now

here she is for anyone who might care.
                  Attached Files

Comment

glad you got it fixed man, same thing happened to me the day after i got my accord. those damn things are expensive btw.
                    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

yeah they sure are. but at least i'm again.

Comment

Hehe, my distributor went 2 days after I got my car.. Damn distrubutors!!

Comment

well just be glad it wasnt something serious. distribitors dont last too long anyways, i hope u changed the rotor inside the distribitor....

i change mine every 30k roughly....or when i test the signal and it goes beyond 2000 ohms.

your car sound run better now, idling and everything

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                          X