how many quarts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 91accord4door
    really 5 quarts......considering when you change your oil theres still a bunch that never does get drained out. anmyways just fill it with 4 quarts put the car on level ground start it....shut it off let it sit for 10 mins....check the oil fill it up to thetop dot.....the bottom dot means its 1 quart low. from the botoom dot to the top is 1 quart.
    Ummm I the Manager of an automotive repair shop & an AutoBody shop, I'm pretty sure I know how to change oil... Those are the specs on All-Data...
    Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

its not a myth...its a fact. synthetic is thiiner so its gonna get past worn seals quicker than regular oil. i have used both oils on my old accord and i have seen what syn can do. dont use it unless you have a engine with 20k or less miles. you may get away with it for a little while......
      you are full os shit bout the synthetic oil thing i run 10-30w quaker state high rpm syntetic and have 170k on it with no leaks no burn no nothin but total protection and its not thinner you need to read up on oil rating and weighs 10-30 is 10-30 period, syntetic, castrol base or refined petrolium oils as for leaking past seals thinner oil will go through them but not because it synthetic but because it thinim sorry dude but you statment was to most retarded thing i have heard lately bout oil
      fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

What's so hard about filling it up to the max level (top hole on the dipstick)? I guess I don't understand why the question was asked in the first place. Everyone has a different setup (i.e. filters they use have different volumes, etc).
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by Gen4Acclude
          you are full os shit bout the synthetic oil thing i run 10-30w quaker state high rpm syntetic and have 170k on it with no leaks no burn no nothin but total protection and its not thinner you need to read up on oil rating and weighs 10-30 is 10-30 period, syntetic, castrol base or refined petrolium oils as for leaking past seals thinner oil will go through them but not because it synthetic but because it thinim sorry dude but you statment was to most retarded thing i have heard lately bout oil
          if you read the entire thread i ment slippery NOT thin.....jackass. syn. is thinner so it will get pass seals easier than conventional oil. and didnt i say it was how well the engine was taken care of? i have had 3 cars and tried syn in all 3 and they all leaked dxo to the syn. oil. i switched back to regular quaker state and no more leaks. you are not supposed to use syn. oil on a high mileage motor....your supposed to use regular oil or high mileage oil. but do what works for you dont have a hissy fit....... check out this thread maybe itll clear things up for you.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...nthetic+oil%2A
          Last edited by 91accord4door; 09-19-2005, 11:40 PM.

Comment

if you read the entire thread i ment slippery NOT thin.....jackass. syn. is thinner so it will get pass seals easier than conventional oil. and didnt i say it was how well the engine was taken care of? i have had 3 cars and tried syn in all 3 and they all leaked dxo to the syn. oil. i switched back to regular quaker state and no more leaks. you are not supposed to use syn. oil on a high mileage motor....your supposed to use regular oil or high mileage oil. but do what works for you dont have a hissy fit....... check out this thread maybe itll clear things up for you.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...nthetic+oil%2A
            thats link proved what you cant read said noth factually bad about synthetic
            beside the kid wanted to know how much and he did what he uses is his choice i can say i have never had a problem with it ever...........
            fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

My mom started using Mobil1 Synthetic around 80k ago and there are no leaks, no burning, nothing. BUT, I started using the high mileage stuff about a year ago, and I believe thats synthetic as well.
              To-Do List for Today
              Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Gen4Acclude
                thats link proved what you cant read said noth factually bad about synthetic
                beside the kid wanted to know how much and he did what he uses is his choice i can say i have never had a problem with it ever...........
                again you dont understand......i said its how well the cars been maintained....you think syn. is going to make every single high mileage cars leak? nope its not. but its going to make a % of them leak. but im not here to argue about that now i have had my own expericane with syn. and they suck so do whhat you want.....i never sad synthetic was bad....its just not what you wanna use with a high mileage motor. i have heard this from all honda techs i have talked too.....you think there using mobile 1 when they do there $24.99 oil and filter changer.....nope. and mxc just becuase its high mileage doesnt mean its synthetic......i use high mileage and its not synthetic. back on subject.......i alrady answerd his real question in my first post

Comment

I missed this thread but not to late to jump in.

Switching to synthetic does not necessarily cause the leak. It brings light to a problem that would have surfaced even if you stayed with conventional oil. In most cases, switching to synthetic actually delays this process, even if you are switching oils at about 190k.

And yes conventional oil is used to break in an engine. Conventional oil does thins out in areas with high heat that is why its good to clean up th engine.

As for the oil being more slippery...well saying it that way is wrong. Really what it is, synthetic oil has the ability to adhere to parts of the engine to ensure a wet startup. The viscosity and weight numbers mean they are just as slippery as each other. However the "slippery-ness" you are refering to is the synthetic oil's ability to stay where there is heat vs. the conventional's inability to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                    I missed this thread but not to late to jump in.

Switching to synthetic does not necessarily cause the leak. It brings light to a problem that would have surfaced even if you stayed with conventional oil. In most cases, switching to synthetic actually delays this process, even if you are switching oils at about 190k.

And yes conventional oil is used to break in an engine. Conventional oil does thins out in areas with high heat that is why its good to clean up th engine.

As for the oil being more slippery...well saying it that way is wrong. Really what it is, synthetic oil has the ability to adhere to parts of the engine to ensure a wet startup. The viscosity and weight numbers mean they are just as slippery as each other. However the "slippery-ness" you are refering to is the synthetic oil's ability to stay where there is heat vs. the conventional's inability to do so.
                    say both oils ....regular and synthetic are both at 180 degrees.....synthetic is more "slippery" at 180 than regular oil. i have seen this with my own eyes. when that happens guess what.........its gets pass worn seal quicker and a lot easier than regular dino oil would. thats all im saying. like i said i have done my own tests with a few of my own high mileage hondas and on every occation switching to synthetic oil caused my engine to leak.......i had worn seals yes but regular oil didnt slip pass them seals like the syn.

Comment

say both oils ....regular and synthetic are both at 180 degrees.....synthetic is more "slippery" at 180 than regular oil. i have seen this with my own eyes. when that happens guess what.........its gets pass worn seal quicker and a lot easier than regular dino oil would. thats all im saying. like i said i have done my own tests with a few of my own high mileage hondas and on every occation switching to synthetic oil caused my engine to leak.......i had worn seals yes but regular oil didnt slip pass them seals like the syn.
                      I knew what you were saying. Any old timer will tell you conventional oil fears heat. Synthetic does not. This is your "slippery-ness".

Comment

I knew what you were saying. Any old timer will tell you conventional oil fears heat. Synthetic does not. This is your "slippery-ness".
                        basicaly just restating what i said just in legit terms. anyway whatever happen to good ol mysery oil.........i remember being able to mix any types of oils together in the ol 85 chevy caprice....... that thing ran on cooking oil for crying out loud.

Comment

basicaly just restating what i said just in legit terms. anyway whatever happen to good ol mysery oil.........i remember being able to mix any types of oils together in the ol 85 chevy caprice....... that thing ran on cooking oil for crying out loud.
                          Cooking oil??? Now I can say that there are people in this world who are braver and much crazier than I am. . I did want to try olive oil. You can get a gallon for like 10 bucks.

Comment

Cooking oil??? Now I can say that there are people in this world who are braver and much crazier than I am. . I did want to try olive oil. You can get a gallon for like 10 bucks.
                            yup ran the caprice all winter on 6 quarts of cooking oil (the yellow shit) ran mint but the valves did tick louder with that shit....that same caprice has a ford f-150 radiator, all differant sized wheels, a house space heater for heat running off a power inverter saran wrap passenger window, lol the ultimate in hick. you dont even wanna know about the brake line job i did .......custom. man that was the funnest beater i ever had. its was my girls first car. she'll never forget that thing. it was also primer greay and has all differant color interior. all i have to say is its true when they say chevy "built like a rock" becuase that thing never died we finally junked it becuase we had to many good vehicles worth driving. ahhhh the good ol' days.

Comment

to much oil = bent rods... i know from experience ( good thing i had a JDM h22 sittin in the garage)

Comment

i'll have to go with him. but what i'm wondering is this, my engine bay says to use 5w-30, but almost all of you are saying - use 10w30. well, the previous owner used 10w30 (how i know this is the walmart windo sticker that shows 10w30 poured in) and it made some racket when it ran. i put in 5w30 mobil 1 and now...it's purring like a kitten. hmmm...gee i guess i should really go back to 10w30 so i can hear it run. LMAO, but hey what do i know, i'm just an average guy who loves his 'new' cheap $500 toy. oh yeah, i forgot to mention. 201,165 miles on the clock and still going strong.
                                Last edited by sd93accordEX; 09-21-2005, 08:05 PM.
                                If you're gonna go, go with a smile!
                                Current vehicles: 2006 Pacifica Touring Inferno Red (the Wife's) - 30k
                                1993 Accord EX - optima 'red top' battery, magnaflow exhaust, tinted windows - My $500 ride w/ 217k miles
                                2004 Suzuki GSXR750 - Racetech sus f/r. Dunlop Qualifiers. clear Puig DB screen. my drug - 7500 miles

Comment

Working...
                                X