how many quarts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many quarts

how many quarts do you guys put in your h22 or f22 with full synthetic??? 4 or 5??

never over do it..

but with 4 ur in the clear..
    and u just go accordingly i guess.. never too much..
    hahahahah

Comment

its not good to run syn. on an older engine its good if you start using syn on a new motor but that shits so thin it slips threw seals that regular oil would not. people will argue about this till no end. use regular oil and use 4 quarts in the f22.5 in the h22.

Comment

hmm aren't most h22a jdm ones at least are 30-40k only? i would think that they are still YOUNG and in good condition..

i dont think how 10w-30 syn and 10w-30 dyno can be THAT MUCH thicker/thinner since they are rated what they are rated. again, u are right, these car myths, beliefs, empirical data, whatever out there, lead us to believe one way or other.

one thing i do know though is that syn is better and a lot of people use it for HIGHER performance cars, as they do protect better, and blah blah blah...

my f22 i stick w/ castrol gtx 10w-30 cheap, great oil though i have small kind leak
        hahahahah

Comment

its not a myth...its a fact. synthetic is thiiner so its gonna get past worn seals quicker than regular oil. i have used both oils on my old accord and i have seen what syn can do. dont use it unless you have a engine with 20k or less miles. you may get away with it for a little while......

Comment

The specs on the H22 are 5.1 quarts
            Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

Originally posted by Laguna7
              The specs on the H22 are 5.1 quarts
              really 5 quarts......considering when you change your oil theres still a bunch that never does get drained out. anmyways just fill it with 4 quarts put the car on level ground start it....shut it off let it sit for 10 mins....check the oil fill it up to thetop dot.....the bottom dot means its 1 quart low. from the botoom dot to the top is 1 quart.

Comment

im not sure why it is thinner when both are rated 10w-30, doesn't that SPECIFY its thickness?? i can see that SYN FLUID causes leaks cuz they have DETERGENTS?? in them that can cleans and sweep away stuffs??? maybe this is why its causing drips?

i've used syn in my other car and its at 68k, amsoil and still NO LEAKS on the floor. or anything like that. the car runs smoothe and ive had no problems...

i can relate to using it on old cars; in the sense of production age and mileage because syn can and will clean it, thus cause leaks.

isn't that why 10w-30 is THICKNESS of oil in specific temperature? cuz it makes no sense to see and say that 10w-30 syn = 5w-20 or whatever... otherwise that' be THIN THIN, nor is it logical to say the other way, 10w-30 = 20w-40 or whtaever. just an idea...

just my humble views, not flaming but opening it up to LEGIT discussion and logic i guess...
                hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by FishyMan
                  im not sure why it is thinner when both are rated 10w-30, doesn't that SPECIFY its thickness?? i can see that SYN FLUID causes leaks cuz they have DETERGENTS?? in them that can cleans and sweep away stuffs??? maybe this is why its causing drips?

i've used syn in my other car and its at 68k, amsoil and still NO LEAKS on the floor. or anything like that. the car runs smoothe and ive had no problems...

i can relate to using it on old cars; in the sense of production age and mileage because syn can and will clean it, thus cause leaks.

isn't that why 10w-30 is THICKNESS of oil in specific temperature?

just my humble views, not flaming but opening it up to LEGIT discussion and logic i guess...
                  sorry i didnt mean "thinner" i ment its more slippery than regular oil.....not thinner......sorry for my mistake.....it slips past seals.....i had a 91 accord and i used switched to syn at 190k and it burnt and leaked like a bitch.....i went back to regular oil and it still leaked a tiny bit but not as much and didnt burn. and i dont think your flaming this is a good question.....but i coverd this myself a long while back but i cant even find the thread anymore.

Comment

Dinosaur oil is crap compared to good synthetic oil. As long as your engine is broken in properly, use synthetic. As has been said above, if it's too old, the synthetic oil will clean away the sludge deposited on/in seals by the dino oil and start to leak. However, if used in an engine that's new enough, it'll keep the seals fresh and pliable for much longer and won't sludge up (it might sludge if you use a really shitty brand, but I wouldn't know... I only use the best known synthetic oil out there and I'm willing to pay for it every time).

I had a corolla sedan with the 4A-FE in it, and I started using synthetic at about 100k miles. No leaks ever. However, I used it in a corolla GT-S sport coupe with the 4A-GE and 175k miles on it. In a short amount of time this thing leaked like hell.

You know what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                      Dinosaur oil is crap compared to good synthetic oil. As long as your engine is broken in properly, use synthetic. As has been said above, if it's too old, the synthetic oil will clean away the sludge deposited on/in seals by the dino oil and start to leak. However, if used in an engine that's new enough, it'll keep the seals fresh and pliable for much longer and won't sludge up (it might sludge if you use a really shitty brand, but I wouldn't know... I only use the best known synthetic oil out there and I'm willing to pay for it every time).

I had a corolla sedan with the 4A-FE in it, and I started using synthetic at about 100k miles. No leaks ever. However, I used it in a corolla GT-S sport coupe with the 4A-GE and 175k miles on it. In a short amount of time this thing leaked like hell.

You know what to do.
                      true........heres what to do....use the synthetic......if it leaks or burns just go back to regular thats all. it all dpends on how many oil changes your cars has had on time....and how well the motors been maintained.

Comment

Well the thing is... if synthetic oil causes a leak, you may not be able to "fix" it by switching back...

The reason for this is, long-term use of dino oil eventually dries out seals and causes them to become brittle, shrink and crack. Leaking is delayed, however, by the buildup of sludge like I said before. Good syn is so good that it will actually dissolve and clean off the sludge within a few oil changes, sometimes more. If you switch back, the leak might slow, but it might not go back away either.

Comment

91accord4door is def. right, syn oils are much more slippery. I guess it's so slippery that you can't use it on a just rebuilt motor b/c it won't even let everything break in properly, so conventional is used for the break in period.

Comment

^

This is exactly right.

Comment

i see wha tu mean.. now.. my bad to mis-read. i considered going SYN BLEND On my cb7, but i guess ill stick w/ 10w-30 dino
                              hahahahah

Comment

Working...
                              X