E brake problem...i think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E brake problem...i think

I was watching a video of another cb7 (winter video white car) he had both back tires locked up from ebrake. On my car only the right rear tire locks up from the e brake. did my cable snap to the other tire or is that just a mod he did or what.

If the cable is broke how do i fix it cause id like for both tires to lock up
    My Ride17.34 @ 78mph with 260k on her

maybe try checking the shoes first? fast and easy.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Also check to see if the cable froze.

Comment

i don't think the cable snapped. well it really depends on the situation. if the car is leaning more lets say on the right side, then the left inner tire will lock up easily due to physics. ideally both should lock up so like wed3k stated, check your brake shoes or pads. they are most likely low or you aren't yankin on the hand lever hard enough.
        1cor10:31
        - 92 LX coupe
        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by John Conner18
          I was watching a video of another cb7 (winter video white car) he had both back tires locked up from ebrake. On my car only the right rear tire locks up from the e brake. did my cable snap to the other tire or is that just a mod he did or what.

If the cable is broke how do i fix it cause id like for both tires to lock up

check the adjustment of the rear brakes, mine were our of adjustment and the park brake handle went all the way up to the top when I pulled it.

when I readjusted the rear brakes the handle only went up half way and the car stopped way better and the pedal felt a little firmer.

Ken
          Can't complain, it was free!

Comment

I just checked my ebrake lines and such the line goes back to the brake fine but i believed the line was broken going into the brakes was broken bummer, plus i looked at the cable where the brake handle is located and it doesnt pull the cable on the right(right sides brake line) i have to pull it all the way then it moves just a lil like a 16th an inch dangit so how do i fix it or should i just get a rwd for driftin
            My Ride17.34 @ 78mph with 260k on her

Comment

heh my mechanic tightened my ebrake down when i was 16 cuz i told him i wanted to lock the wheels up alot when i was driving around turns hahahah. dude do urself a favor and get a rwd if your into drifting
              ]

Comment

Working...
              X