Oil Leaking BAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Leaking BAD

I have just bought a 91 Accord DX and it is leaking oil for it looks like around or right above the oil filter. The guy I bought it from said it started about a month after he changed the oil and I tried to tighten the oil filter but it is tight. Could it be the oil sending unit of maybe a gasket somewhere close to the filter? Let me know. Thanks

If it's leaking around the filter, remove it. Check for an old gasket there, or stripped threads. If it's coming from that general area (around the filter, above, below, etc) it's more than most likely the sending unit. Easy seven dollar fix, or less. It's right above the filter, which you'll have to remove to get at the sending unit. Remember, once you remove the filter put a new one back on, to ensure a good seal.
    Coming soon....

Comment

Yeah, its prob the sending unit. If you have an oil cooler, it could need a new o-ring since it's right below the sending unit. Either way, I would replace both anyway cause they will eventually go bad.

Comment

w3rd ,, remove the filter and see. you may even have a messed up head gasket.

Comment

Working...
        X