oxygen sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oxygen sensor

is there a cheaper universal O2 sensor for the 90 Accord ex. reason asking my friend has a probe gt and there was a universal o2 sensor for a different model car and different year that did the same thing that the one for the probe did. and is was like 30 bucks cheaper!

sure, you can find them easily. whether it be on ebay or through a yahoo search. but with universal ones, i believe youll have to wire it up yourself. it wont be ready to go out of the box.

Comment

Well with 02 sensors with Honda NGK is what they use for oem...and if you don't want to wire it yourself you will spend about 70-80 bucks for one. I wouldn't go with a universal one (not saying they won't work) but OEM is usually the best way to go unless your running serious mods...and again a 02 sensor is just an 02 sensor. I have always gone with NGK.
      No more cb7, 7 years of ownership and 196K on the ticker before she was sold

Current beast: 98 ej8 on 7psi with a 15g turbo and other goodies!

NREMT-B | 300D and some glass

Comment

i know that some model cars actually use the same o2 sensors as us...but man i completley forgot what cars.

o2 sensors are expensive, im going to test mine today maybe thats why i have shitty gas milage.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I know that for most things on a car there is a scheduled maintenance. Is this the same for an O2 sensor or do you only look into changing it if you have been getting poor gas mileage and all the other symptoms. I'm not getting the best gas mileage either and I doubt the chick I bought the car from knew what anything on the car was, much less changed anything. Oh well, I care about CB7s so this one's in a good home. Thanks for the help.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

im going to test mine with a voltage tester to see if it needs replacment. i have bad gas milage but its either my fuel pressure regulator or one of my 02 sensors...they dont last forever.

let us know how it turns out
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

O2 sensor. Pocket item at the junk yard if you can find one.

EGR Port Cleaning http://home.comcast.net/~em-engineering/T2T013.pdf

Comment

Working...
              X