blown engine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blown engine...

Well, looks like my F22/H23 engine may not be happening, depending what block I wind up with. I may need a new bottom end if anyone has one, let me know. I'm tearing it apart right now to find out if it's spun bearing or thrown rod.

damn... the same thing happened to me today..... but now i'm trying to get a whole new motor to build

SOLD!

Comment

i have an extra good f22a1 block. I'm in knoxville TN. If i was you though i'd have this block get new rings an bearings. anywho, let me know either threw PM or email.
      WTB:
      88-01 prelude 2.0si (3g) si (4g,5g)
      OR
      90-93 Accord.

Has to be 5spd, has to be CHEAP. SUPER CHEAP. Will be in Indiana in February permanently and want a project car when I get settled in.

Comment

cool, I'll let you know if I need it. I'm disconnecting things tonight, I'll probably pull the engine tomorrow, so I should know something by tomorrow afternoon. And yeah, the whole engine thing sounds like a good idea, but I already have an H23 head sitting on my floor, so I figure I may as well just get the block.

Comment

I have a good F22A6 bottom end with 120K on it.
          00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

F22A1 block in queens. Pick it up and its yours free.

Comment

Ha, the plane ticket from Cali to NY and back would be more than an H23 swap. Will you ship? What's everyone looking to get for their block? Just to let y'all know, I've got like $2, a button, and a piece of string... oh, and lint, lots of pocket lint... so I need someone who will do it from 1/2 of broke... Oh, and I'm still not sure if I need it yet. I've got everything disconnected but whatever that sensor is in the back of the block, and one of the heater lines which doesn't need to come out, so the engine comes out tomorrow and I'll find out hwat I need then.
              Last edited by jumpman83; 09-10-2005, 02:43 AM.

Comment

For Free You Said Ill Pick It Up Lol

Comment

Whoever gets it out my yard it theirs. I just want that out my yard.

Comment

the sensor thing is your oil pressure sending unit. I have an extra one that i'll throw into one of the pistons (dont know if the one on their is good or not.) but yah take care of shipping and i'll hook you up too.hmm.. so many people with engines just laying around, wonder if anyone else has an extra h23 or c27?
                    WTB:
                    OR
                    90-93 Accord.

Has to be 5spd, has to be CHEAP. SUPER CHEAP. Will be in Indiana in February permanently and want a project car when I get settled in.

Comment

Well out of 2 forums with plenty of people no one's offered me an H23 block, so I'm going to guess very, very, very few. It would have been nice to have a full H23, but I guess the hybrid will do. While we're doing the sensor education thingy, There's another sensor that looks like the oil sending sensor on the head right below the distributor, what is that? And another I don't know which is a plug right next to that one below the distributor? BTW, thanks again, and PM returned...

Comment

well the motor is mine everyone

Comment

to finish up my project, I just need to recieve one thing that in limbo in the mail somewhere, and I need 1 rocker for an H23. Does anyone have a spare rocker?

Comment

the one with 2 wires going to it and is a normal plug is the temperature sensor (not sure what it controls) the one water inlet is your radiator fan switch (turns on the radiator fan when it gets hot enough) as for the single wire switch that is your temperatur sending unit /w a guage (for your guages)
                            WTB:
                            OR
                            90-93 Accord.

Comment

head studs are stressing me out... 2 of them are stripped, and I need to get them off. Gatorgrips don't work, too torqued for vice grips, nothing will get on there anymore so heating it is useless, it's already been soaked in PB blaster, but once again, too stripped, there's no room to get a dremel in there... what now?

Comment

Working...
                              X