whats the up and downs for a delta cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats the up and downs for a delta cam

i want to buy a delta cam where do i find and how much and what will it do will it harm engine with 230k how much hp will it gain info please

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

I'm not very knowledgeable about delta regrinds, but I do know that high mileage will warrant a few extra precaustions. From what I understand, a regrind increases the lobe height on the the cam, allowing the a/f mixture more time to get in/out of the chamber. At 230k, your engine has seen just a few miles. To say the engine is tired is inaccurate. It's not, by any means, tired. If you were to get a regrind however, I would suggest checking the engine internals. It's not really necessary, but since you'd be taking the valve cover off anyway, it's smart to make sure the pistons are moving correctly, the walls aren't scratched, and other things I'm sure other people on here will tell you. If you find any major (or even minor)problems, please, don't tempt fate and pass on fixing them and get the regrind. Maintenance; live by it or walk home crying.

As far as info on the regrind, I'd say search, but I'm sure you already did that right?
    Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
    D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

i think the only thing people have had problems with were trying to get it back assembled and a weird ass idling problem.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
        i think the only thing people have had problems with were trying to get it back assembled and a weird ass idling problem.
        Oh, the weird ass idling. Yep, something that gets sorta fixed with some adjustments, but never "just like stock".
        My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

What is cam flattening?
          If I get a Delta 272 will I need a cam gear? I heard skunk2 is one of the better ones due to the 6 bolts holding it in place vs. AEM's 3.
          Do I need new valve springs?
          I want my engine to last a long time, hit me up with some answers and I'll give you a piece of candy!!

- Zipcreature
          Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Masamune
            ... I would suggest checking the engine internals. It's not really necessary, but since you'd be taking the valve cover off anyway, it's smart to make sure the pistons are moving correctly, the walls aren't scratched, and other things I'm sure other people on here will tell you....
            im sorry but i just had to.

gotta take of the head to check internals like cylinder walls... if u were talking about that. taking of the valve cover will only expose the valvetrain.

anyway i would like to know if u need to replace anything to make sure the engine lasts longer as well like he said above. i hear u might wanna replace the rocker arms and new oem or aftermarket valvesprings, and blah blah blah. all i know is that if u need a water pump/timing belt change then do that at the same time while most sheit is off. i got the 272 lying around with a skunk2 cam gear and i dunno what i should do or replace.

Comment

Working...
            X