Winter driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter driving

i got a question. We get a lot of snow here in Michigan. I've heard that spinning your tires will hurt your tranny over time and for the next two months I'm gonna be doing that a lot. I have an auto, so anyone who know let me know if its going to do any damage.

ya man it could i wouldnt reccomend it get some new tires

Comment

Well i mean there's nothing u can do about that really. When the wheels start spining just let go of gas and gradually accelerate but i am sure u know that. Some winter tires should help too
      U silly rabbit don't u know tricks are made for kidz, You without me is like corn flakes without the milk! This my world, you just a squirrel trying to get a nut!!

Comment

yea, i was gonna get some but i need the cash first. How do i know if theres any damage already? I mean, shes not slipping or shifting hard, but is that the only way besides checking the fluid (which is pink as...)

Comment

I also live in michigan, and understand what you're sayin. My car is a manual so its not going to do the same thing that yours does, but you are not going to do any dammage to the tranny, as long as it isn't excessive.

Comment

One more thing, Tires don't make a huge difference unless yours are bald. otherwise even with winter tires they will still slip.

Comment

Originally posted by trboaccord
              Tires don't make a huge difference unless yours are bald.
              umm yes they do... driving around with performance summer tires is a ton different then snows... I left mine on too long last year actually, and the first snow I couldnt even get out of my driveway. with my snow tires I've never had any trouble. about the tranny, I don't know if it would do damage, but one thing I've always heard is if you get stuck you are never supposed to rock the car with an auto tranny.
              HSHO #3

Comment

When it snows really bad in Colorado I put my auto in 2nd gear....it not only helps with traction but allows for a slow start. And to whoever said tires don't help is smoking crack. Lemme ask you this, what is in contact with the road/snow whatever? TIRES, and try autoxing with snow tires compared to z rates.
                No more cb7, 7 years of ownership and 196K on the ticker before she was sold

Current beast: 98 ej8 on 7psi with a 15g turbo and other goodies!

NREMT-B | 300D and some glass

Comment

i never thought of that, starting in 2nd instead of D4. Ill try that. I don't think im gonna need winter tires though. My brand new Goodyear Eagles should be fine. Just need to slow down a bit. Damn lead foot

Comment

I also got my tires siped.....it greatly reduces tire wear, promotes grip and traction. I got it done at discount tire. Hope this helps.
                    No more cb7, 7 years of ownership and 196K on the ticker before she was sold

Current beast: 98 ej8 on 7psi with a 15g turbo and other goodies!

NREMT-B | 300D and some glass

Comment

here in Alberta, Canada winter tire is a must....unless you only wanna drive 30km/h.

Comment

When i said that tires don't make a huge difference, i was referring to all-season or winter tires. i'm sorry i should have specified.

Comment

Winters make all the diferance in the world... I Live in Nova Scotia and like the guy from alberta said Snows are a must.... i even stud mine. Wide smooth tires are great for the street but if you need traction in snow some narrow, agressive tread is a must!

Comment

its all about the narrow snows man. Nova Scotia winters blow, especially when curbs are involved. Accord885 knows what i'm saying
                            Trites

1992 H23 powered CB7

Comment

so trites you get your accord back rolling again... ?

Comment

Working...
                              X