Hard moving Shifter out of "P"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard moving Shifter out of "P"...

This started happening recently. Like one week or so.
    I started my car in the morning as usual and let it warm up.
    Then i went to get it out of "P" to move it down to "D4".
    Well the shifter was being a pain in the ass, i had to use force to move it down.
    And i hate using force in the morning

Well that only happened in the morning. But now its happening everytime
    getting out of "P".
    I've heard that the shifter cable needs to be adjusted...

Is that the cause of the hard shifter...

sorry i d k if i can help u but, i seen some cars that have a hard time going in gear, and i suspect it slipping. i've never had anything like that happen to me, but do u feel it changing gears?

do u have enough trans fluid?
    hahahahah

Comment

yes you can try to adjust the cable... but i also recomend that you get some wd-40 or some lithium grease down into the cable... if you take the console out and look at the cable you'll see what i mean.........but yeah it will only get worse until it becomes next to impossiable to move it...then breaks.....which is fun to replace (had this happen on my 91 EX..)
      Seattle Silver crew #5
      Member of the Midwest Car Club.
      ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

My car does the same thing. I disassembled the console and adjusted my cable. Turns out it was already perfect and adjustment couldn't help any. I think I just need a new cable altogether. And I think your situation is the same.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
        where you been, is something wrong?
        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

well keep in mind u can adjust it in two places. one its by the shifter and one its where it goes in the tranny. i had the same problem... what i did is check the aligment and mess around with the cable going in the tranny.
          are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Oh, I didn't know that, it must not have mentioned it in my repair manual.....I'll look at it when it's on the lifts later.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
            where you been, is something wrong?
            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

i had the same exact problem all your need to do is put your car on a hill or driveway and face the car so its facing down the hill or driveway the reason why is when you spray the wd40 gravity will help and make the liquid go down the shift cable then you will be good to go and have no more struggles to shift from park

Comment

i believe it the shift lock mecanism or go under the car and the cable wil be next to the tranny with a cover on it take cover of and spray the shit out it with lube then take center concole off and spray the shift cable with lube and keep bringing back and fourth

(\__/)
                (O.o )
                (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

we fixed it w/ the part called the park brake light, i believe, its part of the brake pedal you will see it.
                  Back up and Give me 50 feet

Comment

or otherwise called brake sensor etc. the same sensor that makes the lights in the back turn on and unlock the shift mechanism....
                    wait didn't it make a clicking sound when u push the brake on? if no then that is mostlikely the problem<<<<sometimes doesn't come out of P
                    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Speaking of which i did one today at work. It was a bitch to get in and get it aligned, but once the holes aligned, it was a piece of cake from there.
                      12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
                      11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
                      F22a1
                      60-1 td06h turbo
                      Darton mid sleeves
                      85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
                      Crower pro billet rods
                      Custom ported head.
                      KMS valves
                      F23 headgasket
                      ARP H23 headstuds
                      H23 upper intake manifold
                      F22a6 lower intake manifold
                      Intake manifold is gutted
                      AEM EMS 1040u
                      FIC 850cc injectors
                      Walbro 255 pump
                      H23 manual trans
                      Prelude shifter assembly
                      Forbidden short throw
                      Nitrous Express Kit installed, never used on this motor

Comment

THOSE are some nice jordans !!!
                        hahahahah

Comment

mine does the same thing
                          its a know problem for our car ,as it gets older

Comment

Just trying to picture the shifter with the console removed. When spraying the cable portion under the console, where exactly do you lube it?
                            '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                            EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Any other thoughts on spraying the top portion of this cable?
                              '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                              EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Working...
                              X