Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

specs of 91 Accord

hello all,
    I just bought me a 91 Honda Accord Coupe(manual) yesterday. I will pick it up today. I am just wondering, can somebody post the specs for this car... like engine type and everything.
    thanx.

91 accord coupe

-5 speeds
    -4 wheels
    -seats 5 people
    -has 1 trunk
    -good choice in car
    -f22a4 i think??

Comment

lol @ reply...
      how big is teh engine? is it vtec? how many horses?

Comment

2.2 sohc non vtec, about 140 horses, do a search, its on here somwheres
        2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
        2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

u could probably fit 2 full grown horses in there if u squeeze them

Comment

ur missing key info dude.... 91 Accord what?!?! EX or LX?? I dunno if they made SE coupes...but that's another option if so.

with that I can tell ya what ya wanna know

if u don't know...type ur VIN # i'll figure it out for you
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

The DX and LX models have the F22A1 engine, and have 125hp.
              The EX and SE models have the F22A4 engine, and put out 130hp (I believe... or is it 135?) The 140hp engines (F22A6) only came in the 92-93 models.
              There is a SLIGHT chance that you could have an LX with the F22A4 in it. I don't know why, but some came with it. You should be able to look on the block to find out what engine it is. Check just below the distributor.

None of these engines are VTEC. I think VTEC engines were only made from 1992 on (I may be wrong on that though... It's just something I heard).

As chessboxer said already, the engine (regardless of which one you have) is a SOHC 2.2L.

Welcome to the board, and the wonderful world of CB7 ownership! (man that sounds corny!)
              Last edited by deevergote; 01-22-2004, 12:31 AM.

Comment

i think they made se model in 91 but didnt make it for 92 but then they went back into production for 93
                cb7 sold
                2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
                95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

thanx all for the reply...
                  My VIN starts with 1HGCB7....dont know if that means anything though.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevergote
                    The DX and LX models have the F22A1 engine, and have 125hp.
                    The EX and SE models have the F22A4 engine, and put out 130hp (I believe... or is it 135?) The 140hp engines (F22A6) only came in the 92-93 models.
                    There is a SLIGHT chance that you could have an LX with the F22A4 in it. I don't know why, but some came with it. You should be able to look on the block to find out what engine it is. Check just below the distributor.

None of these engines are VTEC. I think VTEC engines were only made from 1992 on (I may be wrong on that though... It's just something I heard).

As chessboxer said already, the engine (regardless of which one you have) is a SOHC 2.2L.

Welcome to the board, and the wonderful world of CB7 ownership! (man that sounds corny!)
                    in 91 there is an SE version w/F22a6 = 140 hp

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordDx
                      i think they made se model in 91 but didnt make it for 92 but then they went back into production for 93
                      91 SE, 92-93 EX all have F22a6

Comment

Originally posted by mekeni
                        thanx all for the reply...
                        My VIN starts with 1HGCB7....dont know if that means anything though.
                        if ur being paranoid bout ur VIN#, give me everything from left to right, EXCEPT ur last 6 digits.

need more input from what you gave me ur Accord was built in Ohio, U.S. and is a 2/4 door.

Comment

Did the SE have the A6? I didn't know that... I'm not much for the 90-91 models!

Comment

Originally posted by Deevergote
                            Did the SE have the A6? I didn't know that... I'm not much for the 90-91 models!
                            yep I have a 91 SE...SE only offered in 91 & 93 in our gen

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                              yep I have a 91 SE...SE only offered in 91 & 93 in our gen
                              amazing...i've never seen a 91 se
                              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Working...
                              X