Timing Belt Broke Awwwwwwww!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing Belt Broke Awwwwwwww!!!!!

my timing belt broke an we did a leak down test an it was good, it broke at 3-3.5 rpms. what else could it have done????///
    1990 Accord EX
    JDM 94 H22A

busted some valves.....

Comment

at 3k rpm they would be mildly bent probably, not busted.. thats probably the only thing you need to worry about is bent valves..

Comment

ok good because the shop said i had no bents vavles, THANKS GUYS
        1990 Accord EX
        JDM 94 H22A

Comment

Originally posted by J-Spec
          my timing belt broke an we did a leak down test an it was good, it broke at 3-3.5 rpms. what else could it have done????///
          WHAT!!!!!!!!!! you didn't learn from my thread??????????? THATS THE MAIN REASON WHY I HAVE NO CAR... yea shops will tell you your valves are fine just to rape you into getting timing belt done along with waterpump, gaskets, balance shaft belt.. then when they go to start it up.. car won't start or its roughs and feels like its running on 3 cylidners.. man you gotta learn.. EVERYONE SHOULD LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE.. NEXT CB7 OR CD5 I'M GETTING I'M CHANGING EVERYTHING out from undercoating to the headliner... lol
          http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

Comment

mine runs fine vtec just doesnt engage how it should
            1990 Accord EX
            JDM 94 H22A

Comment

IF they say it wasnt bent check for yourself

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                IF they say it wasnt bent check for yourself
                Yeah I agree with sparkle, these engines are interference engines. Rip off the head and confirm it for sure.

Comment

i was there when they checked
                  1990 Accord EX
                  JDM 94 H22A

Comment

I doubt they pulled off the head, checked the valves, and replaced the belt in one day. A simple leakdown test, eh?
                    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

i'm pretty sure that you can slap a t belt on and it will be o.k. i replaced a t belt on a h22 before withe the same deal. also an integra and it was o.k.
                      The beginning of a new era............................
                      165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                      184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

You know what, if you people would just replace these godamn things when you're supposed to you wouldn't have these problems. So....whats the verdict, are the valves bent or not?
                        00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Working...
                        X