oil change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil change?

how many quarts of oil do i need to have an oil change??
    what type of filter is good to change it too??? (oil filter)
    Beast: Evo X
    Daily: 93 Accord LX Wagon

4 to 4 1/2 quarts.

Fram works just fine.
    Noobie my ASS.

Comment

WTF...4-4.5 quats?? you have a v8?

no its 3.2 to 3.9 quarts. and fram is fine but in my opinion its over priced conciderably.

purolator costs 3 bucks
      stp is 3 bucks
      penz is the same as fram, if ur going for fram get penzoil.
      supertech from walmart is 2 bucks, very good still.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=change
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Mine takes 4 exactly, and it is still just a hair below the "full" line.
        Noobie my ASS.

Comment

mine takes 4 1/2
          cb7 sold
          2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
          95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

cool thanks guys.. i need to change my oil soon so yea i needed the info thanks
            Beast: Evo X
            Daily: 93 Accord LX Wagon

Comment

just first, put 3.5 in, then run it for a sec, wait 5 mintues and then test the dipstick

add to level ....
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

4 1/2 quarts and I would never use a fram. I use a K&N oif filter. There are other good ones like wixs, motorcraft and purolator.

EGR Port Cleaning http://home.comcast.net/~em-engineering/T2T013.pdf

Comment

honestly, i think k & n is good. but it is overpriced and only filters down to 20 microns.

now the mobil 1 is the same price and filters down to 10 and i think even 5 microns at a 96% efficiency....

wix is good i think for the same price

but i agree with u on fram, they are crap inside....if u request i have cut open pics of filters to post

Retro!

Hater

Comment

3.5 litres is good...

Comment

It's 4 qts you put in first, then run it for like a minute...enough to circulate oil into empty filter. Then, check again & you'll see it takes like 1/2 qt to top it off.

Check your owner's manual if ya don't agree.
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

DO NOT get Pennzoil. In our Auto Tech class at Bryan high we've had two engines that have had problems with Pennzoil. One freshly rebuilt motor burned oil. We changed the oil to Valvoline SynPower and no problems. Then we had another rebuilt engine that we poured Pennzoil into and when we tried to rev it, it stuttered and stopped. We dropped the pan and the oil had turned to a very thick subtance with adhesive-like qualitites. That was the last time we used Pennzoil. Then we have another guy who races go-carts in our class who has had problems with Pennzoil too. Definitely not recommended.
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett
                          DO NOT get Pennzoil. In our Auto Tech class at Bryan high we've had two engines that have had problems with Pennzoil. One freshly rebuilt motor burned oil. We changed the oil to Valvoline SynPower and no problems. Then we had another rebuilt engine that we poured Pennzoil into and when we tried to rev it, it stuttered and stopped. We dropped the pan and the oil had turned to a very thick subtance with adhesive-like qualitites. That was the last time we used Pennzoil. Then we have another guy who races go-carts in our class who has had problems with Pennzoil too. Definitely not recommended.
                          with that said, dont get fram...its the same as penz..hahaha....

Retro!

Hater

Comment

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS DOING?!!

It DOES take 4-4.5 as i FIRST stated.(like otheres confirmed!)

and you need to be filling your oil filter with oil BEFORE installing it. If not, you are not lubricating your engine the best possible way. ask any engine builder.
                            Noobie my ASS.

Comment

i never filled up with more than 3.7 quarts. but not ever car is super equal. some drain out more than others....after i start then im good no fill up requiard

putting oil in the filter, the myth. the myth is that if ur filter is dry then when u start it then u have no oil for about 3 seconds, then oil will flow.

if u put oil in it then oil will be there all the time, but i dont care, ur not filling it up completley cause its at an angle and actually u will have only a 20% advantage becuase the oil in the system has been drained so the pump will still starve for a second.

my uncle has 450k on his engine origional, he never filled his oil filter. its just a few seconds...

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                              X